Discussion Board

Unhappy Problem in develop S60 Symbian Application!!!!

Hello.
    I'm trying to develop my first symbian S60 application using Eclipse 3.1, Carbide J 1.5, JAVA SE 1.5 but it doesn't work. I followed the steps descibed in the tutorial video "Getting started with Carbide J"at : " http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.n...Carbide_j.html " but it still deoesn't work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Now, i try to describe precisely what i've done. Could you help me, please?? I need it to do an exam!
    This is what i've done:
    A) I've installed Java SE 1.5
    B) I've installed Eclipse
    C) I've installed "S60 SDK: 3rd Edition FP1 SDK"
    D) I've installed Carbide J 1.5
    E) I've added Carbide J in Eclipse
    F) I've modified the preferences of Debug in Eclipse (unchecked all "Suspend Execution", checked all "Hot code Replace and Set the debugger timeout to 50000ms"

than, as shown in the tutorial video:
    1)I copied a folder example in the S60 SDK (I choosed "HelloWorldPlus") in a new folder
    2)I created a new project from Eclipse and i selected "MIDP Project" from the wizard
    3)I filled the "Project name" as "HelloWorldPlus" and i changed the location to the folder that i've copied.
    4)I choosed the emulator "Prototype_4_0_S60_MIDP_Emulator"
    5)I unchecked the "Start with designer tool"
    6)From the window "MIDP setting" i clicked in "Add Folder" and i selected the "src" folder of the project

Note: before copying the original example folder i deleted the "jar" and "jad" file

7)I selected the "HelloWorldPlus" project in the "Package Explorer" or Eclipse, and i selected "Tools->CarbideJ->NewApplicationPackage"
    8)On the "Create Application Package" i selected "Create JAR and JAD for the first time" and i clicked on "Generate" button. So i saved the "HelloWordPlus.jad" and "HelloWordPlus.jar" in the project-folder.
    9)From the "Package Explorer" of Eclipse i selected both JAD and JAR files and i clicked on "Tools->Carbide J->Start Emulators"
    10)I selected the "Prototype_4_0_S60_MIDP_Emulator" and i clicked on "Emulate" button
    11)Than when the emulator appears, in the display of the emulator is shown "HelloWorldPlusMIDlet"and when i click on "OK" button (on the Phone Emulator) the emulator-application disappear!!!

What's is strange is that if i take the original JAD file contained in the SDK example folder, and i emulate it, i can see that it works correctly in the Emulator!!
    ...so, i think i could have make a mistake in importing project in Eclipse or making not proper setting in Eclipse.
    Thank you everybody.
    I hope you can help me, because it's really important!

GP
    Last edited by g.page; 2007-05-18 at 15:11.

Re: Problem in develop S60 Symbian Application!!!!

Hi G.Page, have you already solved your problem? I'm asking because I've the same trouble..

bye

feliciano

found the solution in this thread:
    http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...ad.php?t=84419

Go to Project -> Properties -> Java compiler, enable "project specific settings" and then set "Java Compliance Level" to 1.4.

Then it should work!

Bye

Quote Originally Posted by feliciano View Post
    found the solution in this thread:
    http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...ad.php?t=84419

Go to Project -> Properties -> Java compiler, enable "project specific settings" and then set "Java Compliance Level" to 1.4.

Then it should work!

Bye
    It worked for me too !!!!!!!!
    This little "1.4" stupid option made me stay awake for 4 nights in a row !!!!!!

Thanks a lot!