Discussion Board

Forum Nokia Remote MMSC Access Problem

Hello,

I am currently developing an application that sends MMS messages to Nokia mobile phones and to email addresses.
    I've got a connection to the MMSC at the Nokia developer Hub in Finland. My originating application is in France. My Java Program manages to interface with the MMSC in Finland. When i analyze the HTTP trafic i see that everything is ok ("204 No Content" arrives).

But I never get the MMS Message to my MMS capable phone in France (Orange SIM card with MMS enabled) or to my email address @yahoo one.

My questions are:

1) can the MMSC at NDH Finland deliver to MMS phones at Orange France ? if yes what MMSC ip should i use to retreive messages the one at NDH or the one of Orange France ?

2) can it also deliver to email addresses like @yahoo or @hotmail ?

If anyone from the Nokia Team or developers who had similar problems can help i'll appreciate it.

Many thanks.

RE: Forum Nokia Remote MMSC Access Problem

I have used Jinny's MMSC to test sending and recieving MMS messages on nokia's 7650,7210,6610,3510 and 3510i. To setup up your phone you must a gprs or gsm data connection. Second, for the setup, you should put the MMSC's gateway IP and your operator's access point.

RE: Forum Nokia Remote MMSC Access Problem

Hi,

Some answers on behalf of Forum Nokia:

1) At the moment, it can not. This was caused by dear French operators, which do block out all of Forum Nokia SMSC traffic. We are currently working with clearing this issue with French operators - we do not know even the reason why they are blocking Forum Nokia Developer HUB SMSC traffic out. SMS's are used as sending the notification message to destination terminal.

2) At the moment, SMTP traffic is not supported but it is planned.

Best regards,

Samuli / Forum Nokia