Discussion Board

Hybrid View

OBEX PUT Protocol

Anyone know where I can find a document that explains the OBEX PUT protocol? I am trying to write an application on a Linux system but I need more detailed information. Looking to send pictures, text, and video to Bluetooth capable phones. Once I create a socket with the device how do I open up these sessions and send the data?

Sorry for the noobe questions but I have been looking everywhere.

PS: Also, I want to send text messages and I've been told the only way is via SMS (with the phone number) isnt there a way to do this via a connection to the phone via the MAC address? Would this be RFCOMM or something else?
    Last edited by dajohnso; 2007-05-21 at 05:22.

Super Contributor

Re: OBEX PUT Protocol

Quote Originally Posted by dajohnso
    Anyone know where I can find a document that explains the OBEX PUT protocol? I am trying to write an application on a Linux system but I need more detailed information. Looking to send pictures, text, and video to Bluetooth capable phones. Once I create a socket with the device how do I open up these sessions and send the data?

Sorry for the noobe questions but I have been looking everywhere.

There is a very good example "btobjectexchange" in Series60_v20 SDK ( This example is coming along witht this SDK) You should intall this SDK to system two use this example.

Peter

Sorry, where can I find the SDK you mentioned?

Super Contributor

Sorry, where can I find the SDK you mentioned?

From here

http://forum.nokia.com/info/sw.nokia...16-3.0-mr.html

From the "Download version for:" drop down box select "2nd edition CW(107MB)".

Peter

Thanks, downloaded the SDK and looking through it. If you could point me to the section with the specifics on OBEX PUT that would be great. So far I've read a lot of stuff but nothing that syas specifically, connect, populate this in the header ans send it then send the following etc... So far all I can find anywhere is a lot of high level stuff.

Super Contributor

Thanks, downloaded the SDK and looking through it. If you could point me to the section with the specifics on OBEX PUT that would be great. So far I've read a lot of stuff but nothing that syas specifically, connect, populate this in the header ans send it then send the following etc... So far all I can find anywhere is a lot of high level stuff.
    There is a very good documentation also for that application see "\Series60_v20_CW\Series60Doc\" folder in your installatin path in that there is a HTML help file named "series60examples" In that you can find that Documentation. Hope this will help you a lot.

Peter

Hi dajohnso ,
    Could you direct me to a sample code where Obex PUT is done?

Nokia Developer Champion

For which language (for example Java or C) and/or environment (for example MIDP or J2SE) and/or layer (for example OBEX or RFCOMM)? Language independent examples can be found in the OBEX specification itself. However, you should read the whole OBEX specification. It is worth to be read – otherwise you do not understand the idea behind the protocol; and you software is unstable and grap.