Discussion Board

what are 416x352 and 208x176 for?

I can find any phonemodels using 416x352 or 208x176 resolution. Why are those resolutions in Carbide 3.1.1 resolution drop-down?

Pekka Varis

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: what are 416x352 and 208x176 for?

Have a look into E70. 208x176 is not native to any phone, but could be used if the application wants to flip the screen by it-self, similarly as the camera application usually does.

yucca

Yes, I figured It out to be something like that, thx! But how can I export the theme sis with two resolutions in it? Or do I have to load a new theme if I want to flip the screen?

Pekka

Basically you should try making it in a way that it look good in all possible resolutions... I know it easier to say than do, when you take account that some phones (like 5500 for example) do their own funny stuff with the theme graphics.

Anyway, currently, most of the phones are 240x320 and 320x240, and some phones like N93 & N95 use both depending on how you flip the screen, thus my personal opinion would be to concentrate on these resolututions, and see if they still look acceptable with other resulutions.

Then of course if you want to make them best possible, then you should do separate ones for the other resolutions, anyway, then you need to make sure people get right stuff for their current phones.

yucca

Right now I am making swapping my own background image idle and active, so It´s easy enough to export to all resolutions. So if I make 208x176 it only purpose is If user is prefering the flipped screen and he then gets better layout and antialiasing? Thank´s for help yucca!

Where can I find information witch model support this flipping?

I think that with all 3rd edition devices you can actually make any application to use both layouts (just need to code it inside the application).

yucca

Smile Re: what are 416x352 and 208x176 for?

SO when making branded themes for example car-shows or movie premiers then these flipped-mode resolutions are not so important? The scalability and usability of the theme comes first, not the correct aspect ratio of company-logos photoshopped in the background image?

Do I asked something?? lol

Pekka

That could be right, though in my opinion it would be good to make them work at least sort-of-acceptable way on all layouts, but of course there gotta be compromises.

Anyway, please remember to test your themes, with incoming calls, settings lists, forms, wait dialogs and other components... Really hate when I find nice themes and then they have white font in white background during incoming call... or similar mistakes in some system components...

yucca