Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Problems with Carbide C++ v1.2

Hi,
    I have just switched from Carbide C++ Express v1.1 to Carbide C++ Developer v1.2.
    I'm trying to get on-device-debugging to work over USB but getting Target Request Failed. Serial port number is the same (7) in Run->Debug...->Connection and Device Manager->Ports->Nokia GSM Phone USB (COM7). The TRK application is running on the phone with status connected. Port number in application is 1, should this be the same as serial port number? I tryed to change this to 7 but application complained. I changed all port numbers to 1 but I got Target Request Failed again.

I'm using "Phone Debug (GCCE)", should I use "Phone Debug (ARMV5)"?
    I cannot build with ARMV5, I get Platform ARMV5 not supported by "\Development\Symbian\Workspace\Hello\group\BLD.INF". I have tryed to change from Bld.inf to Selected Components in Properties->Carbide Project Settings but gets the same error message. I have changed in the Bld.inf to "Build as ARM" for the mmp and the mk file, still tghe same error message.

Have anyone succeded doing on-device debugging in v1.2. How did you do?

I'm actually having a problem that my application wont start built in v1.2, it works fine in v1.1. How can this be?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Problems with Carbide C++ v1.2

To build for ARMv5 you need to have the RVCT compiler but this is not shipped with the SDK. The compiler used however is irrelevant if your problem is establishing the connection with the phone TRK client.

In fact is not clear what your problem is. Are you having a debugging problem or a build problem? These are two very different things ...

Regular Contributor

I had problems with the application after it was built; http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...d.php?t=108650

So that is why I tried to get the on-device-debug working. Cannot get it working, gets Target Request Failed, even though serial port number is correct in debugger and in device manager.

Is the port number in the TRK application supposed to be the same as the serial port number?

I'm having the same problem on the n73, anyone found a solution to this?

Regular Contributor

I was informed that on device debugging doesn't work on N95 (the device I'm using right now) before firmware version 10.0.020.
    I checked, *#0000#, my version was 10.0.0.018, after a firmware update at least debugging over USB works. I haven't got it working over bluetooth yet.

I will try to debug on a N73 later.

Unhappy Re: Problems with Carbide C++ v1.2

Hi,
    I have a similar problem on E65.

I can compile and auto-install on device when I launch the debug...
    BUT in my IDE I put a breakpoint and during the running it doesn't stop the application, ... so I can't debug.

When I debugging on winscw the same code (and breakpoint) it run well.