Discussion Board

Connect to agent error

Hi.

I'm starting in Java-ME and a problem occur when the Eclipse is opened. I'm using the Java ME Developer's Library 1.2 reference and had followed all steps described there. I install Java SE, Eclipse, and Carbide J but when I open the Eclipse a error window appear. The SDK begin to load but in the stage Connect to agent a error message appear:

Failed to initialize session
    Caught exception:
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
    at com.symbian.tools.j2me.sei.emulator.session.Session.create(Session.java:109)
    at com.symbian.tools.j2me.sei.emulator.EmulatorLauncher.initializeSession (EmulatorLauncher.java:514)
    at com.symbian.tools.j2me.sei.emulator.EmulatorLauncher.launcher(EmulatorLauncher.java:296)
    at com.symbian.tools.j2me.sei.emulator.Main.main(Main.java:47)

In console the message "Deployment tool could not be initialized" appear too.

What can I do to correct this wrong?

Reguards,
    Glauber

Re: Connect to agent error

I had exactly the same problem: when Eclipse is launched, the SDK begin to load until it reaches the 'Connect to agent' stage and then the exception messages pop up. I am using the S60 3rd MIDP SDK FP1, carbidej 1.5 and Eclipse 3.2.1

Because of this error, I cannot run HelloWorld example using the emulator.

I already disabled my Norton protection center, but still the problem exists. Can somebody please help?

Hi.

I find the problem. The Eclipse version must to be 3.1. Change it and will work.

I have a other problem now: when I compile the program (HelloWorld), has no errors or warnings, but don't create the jad file, only the class. Is it a configure of Eclipse?

Reguards,
    Glauber

Hi!

I am starting Java ME project : SVGProject (provided in the website of Nokia forum) using NetBeans IDE 6.0 with NetBeans Mobility 1.0.2. with S60 SDK 3.2. No problem is occurred while building the project, but when I start running the project, The SDK begin to load but in the stage Connect to agent a error message appear

Caught exception:
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
    at com.symbian.tools.j2me.sei.emulator.session.Session.create(Session.java:109)
    at com.symbian.tools.j2me.sei.emulator.EmulatorLauncher.initializeSession (EmulatorLauncher.java:489)
    at com.symbian.tools.j2me.sei.emulator.EmulatorLauncher.launcher(EmulatorLauncher.java:275)
    at com.symbian.tools.j2me.sei.emulator.Main.main(Main.java:49)

What can I do to correct this wrong?

Reguards,
    Bijen

Regular Contributor

You guys owe me a beer for this one.

go to project properties, manage emulators, select the nokia emulator and in execution/debugger command edit boxes delete the (-Xdevice .....} option.

Works fine for me now.

Happy to buy you a beer kellogs but can you give me some more guidance on finding the execution/debugger command edit boxes. I'm with you right up to selecting the nokia emulator. At that stage I can't see where to edit the command. I'm using NetBeans 6.8 with SDK 3rd edition.
    Last edited by glenn.newnham; 2010-02-19 at 15:47.