Discussion Board

Super Contributor

Camera 3.2 megapixel image

Hi,
    i have an application which uses jsr234 for taking snapshot.The picture taken has 3.2 megapixel size,but i couldnt generate a thumbnail from the captured image.Any ideas from anyone.

thanks
    Soku

Regular Contributor

Re: Camera 3.2 megapixel image

IMHO if heap memory wouldn't be enough for any transforming code (based on byte[] or rgb[] data), would it be a solution if N really small Image objects would be created from the Image.createImage(Image src, int x, int y, int width, int height, int transform) method.

I mean if a thumbnail will be created from N really small images, using pixel data from the specified N regions of a source image. Later these N small images would be putted together next to each other to create some sort of previewing thumbnail.

The same result would be achieved with the Graphics.drawRegion(Image src, int x_src, int y_src, int width, int height, int transform, int x_dest, int y_dest, int anchor) method.

And a very ugly and simple solution for this problem would be shooting the small thumbnail image just after the snapshot was taken.

Super Contributor

Re: Camera 3.2 megapixel image

Hi,
    The ugly and simple solution is not practicall since the user can change the focus at anytime so the small image may not be same as the first image taken.also i have implemented autofocus feature in the application.Also the capturing sound will occur twice.hence i think this is not pactical..anyway thanks for ur answer.I am loking to the ur other option whether to create a small image from the captured image by decoding.
    thanks
    Soku