Discussion Board

Lightbulb Using CAudioEqualizerUtility

Anyone knows how to use CAudioEqualizerUtility class? CAudioEqualizerUtility cannot be tested on an emulator so I should test on a phone. When I try to delete a CAudioEqualizerUtility instant, the phone freezes.

iAudioEqualizerUtility = CAudioEqualizerUtility::NewL(*iMdaAudioPlayerUtility);
    iAudioEqualizerUtility->ApplyPresetL(1);
    delete iAudioEqualizerUtility;

How do I delete CAudioEqualizerUtility properly?

I think Nokia should offer an example how to CAudioEqualizerUtility class.

Re: Using CAudioEqualizerUtility

Hi, have you resolved it?
    I even can't create CAudioEqualizerUtility use this function:
    static IMPORT_C CAudioEqualizerUtility * NewL (CMdaAudioOutputStream &aUtility)

it reports "Feature Not supported" on E60.

Thanks for any suggestion.

Bob

Regular Contributor

I tried using the audio equalizer class ages ago and simply gave up with it when my E60 also returned "not supported". Presumably it does work on later phones (i.e. FP1 devices!?).

I might be tempted to look at this again now that I've got an N82 but it would be good if somebody could confirm the status of this API, is it officially supported or what?

Hi,

All 3rd phones support equalizer and stereo widening. Nokia 3250, 5700 and music phones support also bass boost. Use CAudioEqualizer, CBassBoost and CStereoWidening instead of CAudioEqualizerUtility. Try FIVN Player to check if your phone works.

Nokia Developer Moderator

just made an exmaple app, so maybe it could help ypou as well. to get it, just follow this link: http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...rasExample.zip

I was having problems with this too. I was using CAudioEqualizer with a CMdaAudioOutputStream. It would always crash when deleting the equalizer. I found that you have to call Stop() on the output stream before deleting the equliser and then everything works correctly. Hope this helps.