Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

SIP Resolver Plugin Problem

Hi everybody!

I'm trying to write a VoIP client using SIP and RTP on an E60 device. The message flow for creating a session from my phone works perfect, but on the receipt of initial INVITE Requests from a remote peer they are passed to the built in VoIP client (a dialog "incoming internet call" pops up) and my application wont start.

As I read in the SDK documentation "Clients must create a class derived from CSIPResolvedClient to receive requests outside SIP dialogs. The receipt of a SIP request might require the launch of the resolved target client if the client is not running."

I am supporting a Plugin, could it be there is something wrong with this or is there some other problem? Why can't my client receive initial SIP Requests?

Furthermore: I'm aware that for the audio connection I'll need to set up a full duplex rtp connection. I saw some comments on the "Audio Proxy Server" that might be of assistance in this case. Where can I find more information on what this is and how it might help me?

Any hints would be highly appreciated, thanks a lot in advance!!!!!
    Last edited by bifihi; 2007-06-06 at 10:43.

Thumbs up Re: SIP Resolver Plugin Problem

Hi All,

I am developing SIP Client application for s60 3rd edition .Please tell me about the capabilities. My problem is that when a SIP Packet have come from the Network on my SIP Client, if media type is audio or Video then it have not accepted by the application.
    If media type is application, data, control and image then It have accepted by SIP client.
    When Media type is audio then Ecom Plug in have not called ChannelL() function.
    So tell me
    Have we needed some capabilities for receiving audio type media in SIP packet?
    Or some thing is wrong in my ECOM Plug-in implementation.
    Thanks,
    Navneet Bond

Regular Contributor

Unhappy Re: SIP Resolver Plugin Problem

Quote Originally Posted by bifihi
    Hi everybody!

I'm trying to write a VoIP client using SIP and RTP on an E60 device. The message flow for creating a session from my phone works perfect, but on the receipt of initial INVITE Requests from a remote peer they are passed to the built in VoIP client (a dialog "incoming internet call" pops up) and my application wont start.

As I read in the SDK documentation "Clients must create a class derived from CSIPResolvedClient to receive requests outside SIP dialogs. The receipt of a SIP request might require the launch of the resolved target client if the client is not running."

I am supporting a Plugin, could it be there is something wrong with this or is there some other problem? Why can't my client receive initial SIP Requests?

Furthermore: I'm aware that for the audio connection I'll need to set up a full duplex rtp connection. I saw some comments on the "Audio Proxy Server" that might be of assistance in this case. Where can I find more information on what this is and how it might help me?

Any hints would be highly appreciated, thanks a lot in advance!!!!!

To sum it up:

Currently Nokia S60 VoIP Implementation starts up on incoming INVITE requests. What can I do to make my application start instead? (Client Resolver Plugin???)

Please, anyone??????