Discussion Board

i am unable to install my jad file in symbian 3rd

i am making an application in symbian for installing my game on to the phone.
    for that i have make an installer in the symbian. i have completed the installer.but when i start the application to install my file it is showing that unable to install the application for the security reason.
    i have tried 3 capablities ReadUserData,AllFiles,TCB but it is still not working

please suggest me which capablity i have to use to install my application.

Thanks & Regards,
    Appurava

Regular Contributor

Re: i am unable to install my jad file in symbian 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by igtridev
    i am making an application in symbian for installing my game on to the phone.
    for that i have make an installer in the symbian. i have completed the installer.but when i start the application to install my file it is showing that unable to install the application for the security reason.
    i have tried 3 capablities ReadUserData,AllFiles,TCB but it is still not working

please suggest me which capablity i have to use to install my application.

Thanks & Regards,
    Appurava
    Hello,

To use TCB capability u need phone manufacture certificate. Only ReadUserData capability is freely available here this is due to platform security incorporated on symbian 3rd ed.
    You will get all the details regarding this on http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php or at www.symbiansigned.com

I suggest u to review your code and find out which capabilities r needed for the API u have used & only include those capabilities in ur application. For that go through the sdk documentation & search on capability keyword.

regards,
    bnvaikos
    Last edited by bnvaikos; 2007-06-08 at 14:11.