Discussion Board

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Questionnaire about RDA devices / firmware versions

Quote Originally Posted by jinuthomas View Post
    Thanks bloodredsky. I have query regarding the firware version on the device. N96 gives the firmware version as 12.043.26-11-08.RM-247.(C) Nokia N96(with space in between). But in other FP2 devices gives the firmware version without any space like 10.046.07-10-2008.RM-348.(C)Nokia (for N79). Y is it so? Is it a kinown issue?

Regs,
    Jinu
    Does this affect your testing somehow? I think the latter part in firmware string varies quite often depending on the product model/edition. Some might have for example (C)NMP instead of (C)Nokia etc.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodredsky View Post
    gunerak:

most of the devices should have euro1 variant firmware, which typically includes languages like english, german, italian, french, spanish. A few devices might have scandinavian language pack (english, finnish, swedish, norwegian, icelandic, danish).

On request I can probably (temporarily) flash some device/s with other language packs as well.
    Thanks for the awesome service. I am looking for few languages which i havent found on the devices i checked: Polish, Turkish, Tagalog, Finnish, Swedish, Norwegian. Any 12key device would be good if you could help us.

Thanks,
    Kirtika

Quote Originally Posted by kirtika View Post
    Thanks for the awesome service. I am looking for few languages which i havent found on the devices i checked: Polish, Turkish, Tagalog, Finnish, Swedish, Norwegian. Any 12key device would be good if you could help us.

Thanks,
    Kirtika
    At least N80 currently has scandinavian language package flashed (finnish, swedish, norwegian..). Some other device might also have those, but I can't remember for sure. As for the other requested languages - they are not currently available on any of the devices. But I can try to take a closer look into this next week when I'm back at the office.

At least N80 currently has scandinavian language package flashed (finnish, swedish, norwegian..). Some other device might also have those, but I can't remember for sure. As for the other requested languages - they are not currently available on any of the devices. But I can try to take a closer look into this next week when I'm back at the office.
    Thanks for the help.

Hello bloodredsky,

I was working on the N80 and the time expired before i could delete and clean the phone. The connection kept dropping for the last hour as i was trying to delete all the files. I also changed the phone language to finnish. I was trying to connect again but the phone got into offline mode.I honestly apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
    Kirtika

Quote Originally Posted by kirtika View Post
    Hello bloodredsky,

I was working on the N80 and the time expired before i could delete and clean the phone. The connection kept dropping for the last hour as i was trying to delete all the files. I also changed the phone language to finnish. I was trying to connect again but the phone got into offline mode.I honestly apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
    Kirtika
    Not a problem, fixed this already. I could also temporarily arrange those other language packages you were searching. Do you have a preference for the device model or will any S60 3rd/FP1/FP2 device do?

Not a problem, fixed this already. I could also temporarily arrange those other language packages you were searching. Do you have a preference for the device model or will any S60 3rd/FP1/FP2 device do?
    Thanks a lot. I would be careful from next time. I do not have any preference but it would be good to get coverage on FP2 device.

Thanks,
    Kirtika

Feel free to comment. If you haven't tried the service out yet, now its' a good time to start
    A quick note on the new interface: while I like the new UI beter in general, I find that the Reservations table is really annoying, at least when used with Firefox. As soon as I have made a reservation starting "now", I can no longer extend it afterwards, because I keep getting a message saying that reservations must have a 15 minutes safety margin, even if the previous reservation was made by myself.

This is particularly difficult if your first reservation was only for 30 minutes (as suggested by the UI), which you can typically make only partial use of anyway. So there will be a forced break of 15 minutes where nobody can use the device, before you can get back to it again after the initial period expires.

I think the "15 minute" check should only be made against other people's reservations, but not your own.

Quote Originally Posted by mgroeber9110 View Post
    A quick note on the new interface: while I like the new UI beter in general, I find that the Reservations table is really annoying, at least when used with Firefox. As soon as I have made a reservation starting "now", I can no longer extend it afterwards, because I keep getting a message saying that reservations must have a 15 minutes safety margin, even if the previous reservation was made by myself.

This is particularly difficult if your first reservation was only for 30 minutes (as suggested by the UI), which you can typically make only partial use of anyway. So there will be a forced break of 15 minutes where nobody can use the device, before you can get back to it again after the initial period expires.

I think the "15 minute" check should only be made against other people's reservations, but not your own.
    This will be fixed at least for the "extend reservation" part (sooner or later). As well as some other glitches in the reservation view.

Regular Contributor

Hi

The RDA devices are excellent! I must say this is an awesome feature that saves a lot of time, money and effort. Can only expect this from Nokia.

One question I have though - are there any phone with APAC firmware?

Keep up the good work!

Lionel

Quote Originally Posted by pinkhardlionel View Post
    Hi

The RDA devices are excellent! I must say this is an awesome feature that saves a lot of time, money and effort. Can only expect this from Nokia.

One question I have though - are there any phone with APAC firmware?

Keep up the good work!

Lionel
    Nope, all the devices currently have EURO variant firmware . I could make some device with APAC variant temporarily available though. Do you have a preference for the device model and which languages are you particularly looking for?

As a sidenote, firmware for N78, E66, E71 and 6220 classic was updated today.

Hi,

I have reserved N73 for today (from 11.00 to 13.15 GMT) but phone is showing offline since 11.00 GMT.

Can you please make that phone available for testing our application.

It will be good to have few N73 phones, because this model has most pronlems comapre to others.

Thanks,
    Kind Regards
    Mohammed

Quote Originally Posted by mghasan View Post
    Hi,

I have reserved N73 for today (from 11.00 to 13.15 GMT) but phone is showing offline since 11.00 GMT.

Can you please make that phone available for testing our application.

It will be good to have few N73 phones, because this model has most pronlems comapre to others.

Thanks,
    Kind Regards
    Mohammed
    Fixed now.

5630 XpressMusic was added to the service.

E75 added to the service (one of the models announced today at MWC).