Discussion Board

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Re: Questionnaire about RDA devices / firmware versions

How to call to this devices? Where can I find out their number?
    I need to test one program, which activate on incoming call ...

Nokia Developer Champion

SQR,

Hi,

I noticed that the E6-00 devices all still run the 21.x firmware. Would it be possible to upgrade some of them to 22.x (released about 2-3 weeks ago), as this is probably the most advanced Symbian Anna build that is available anywhere. So it would be good to be able to test on that in preparation for the Anna upgrade to the N8, C7 and E7 models.

Not sure, but the same probably applies to the X7-00.

Thanks.

ciao marcus

Hello All,

Sorry for out of topic question, currently me n my friend have a problem while accessing RDA service which is not showing list of phones at all, like my friend stated here: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...ows-no-handset
    Anybody know the issue?

I am becoming increasingly frustrated with attempting to access the RDA. I have, historically, been unable to access this in Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer. Yesterday I worked on a Mac, and on a lark I decided to try accessing http://apu.ndhub.net/ via Safari. Low and behold, it worked beautifully! I was thrilled!

Fast forward to this morning, not less than five minutes ago. Now I try to log on through Safari, and I get the same "The page is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." issue I get with every other web browser I've used in the past.

What the heck is going on?

Nokia Developer Moderator

hmm. anyone else have similar issues as HourglassThorne? I haven't observed that much of anything out of ordinary during the past days on the server side.

Hi,

Is it possible for me to factory reset a device? Also, I reserved an E6 device today and when I connected, found someone's emails and settings on the phones, are these phones not hard reset after each session? I want to test device management, but without a hard reset between each test, I can't really use this. Thanks

Bloodredsky is the expert, so wait for his answer. However as a preliminary opinion I would say it is probably not possible. RDA devices are normal retail devices, having a remote control software installed on them. It would disappear after a hard reset, making the device unreachable.

Quote Originally Posted by glambert View Post
    Hi,

Is it possible for me to factory reset a device? Also, I reserved an E6 device today and when I connected, found someone's emails and settings on the phones, are these phones not hard reset after each session? I want to test device management, but without a hard reset between each test, I can't really use this. Thanks
    yep, factory resets are not usually possible for the user as those would remove also components/settings from the device needed by RDA to work. we do have some level of automated cleanup scripts, but those mostly do basic things like format memory card, attempt to remove the apps user installed during the usage session etc. so some details, like the mentioned email account may be left on the device.

if you let me know the device IMEI, I will factory reset for you. though email accounts are usually fairly easy to delete from the device (start Email-app and choose Options->Delete mailbox-> mark mailboxes to delete and click ok, unless I remember wrong).

I think a bunch of devices should be kept with the firmware that Store QA uses for acceptance testing. My specific issue is the N9 -- QA reports a problem with PR1.0, but these devices are rather hard to find. Private devices are, of course, quickly updated to the latest firmware, and for some reason all the RDA devices have PR1.1 already, too.

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by apoi View Post
    I think a bunch of devices should be kept with the firmware that Store QA uses for acceptance testing. My specific issue is the N9 -- QA reports a problem with PR1.0, but these devices are rather hard to find. Private devices are, of course, quickly updated to the latest firmware, and for some reason all the RDA devices have PR1.1 already, too.
    I totally agree. The PR 1.0 vs. 1.1 is a real pain although I don't understand why Ovi QA still uses PR 1.0 which s*cks.

Quote Originally Posted by pixsta View Post
    I totally agree. The PR 1.0 vs. 1.1 is a real pain although I don't understand why Ovi QA still uses PR 1.0 which s*cks.
    The question would be more like: why are the end-users still using N9's with PR 1.0. For as long as there are a significant number of such devices, your app is expected to work on them, and therefore the QA will test on that device.

The point is valid though, and we will look for a solution to make PR 1.0 devices available in RDA.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    The question would be more like: why are the end-users still using N9's with PR 1.0. For as long as there are a significant number of such devices, your app is expected to work on them, and therefore the QA will test on that device.

The point is valid though, and we will look for a solution to make PR 1.0 devices available in RDA.
    Thanks, I appreciate that. I did not know that there is still a significant number of user using the old firmware. My experience, which of course represents only a tiny amount of users, shows that almost everyone has the new firmware installed.

Re: Remote Device Access Camera support

I would like to know if wether Chinese varient is available in RDA? If present, how can i identify them? Thanks..

Ciao

Re: Remote Device Access Camera support

Quote Originally Posted by ose_cliff View Post
    I would like to know if wether Chinese varient is available in RDA? If present, how can i identify them? Thanks..

Ciao
    there are some - you can use the "filter by tag" option (upper right corner in the "Phones"-view of the service) and select "chinese" to see which phones those are.