Discussion Board

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Re: Questionnaire about RDA devices / firmware versions

I've got stable error with my account to access RDA.
    stable received : "The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.".
    Tried with 2 different PC. In the same time from the same office my collegue was able to log-in without any warning.
    Used:
    - Win7 x64 +(Opera|IE9)
    - WinXP SP3 +(Opera|IE7)

Nokia Store QA is testing with Nokia 701 Belle with firmware version 111.010.1009.
    That's not available in Nokia RDA, and I can't find any device with that firmware. So pretty hard to test errors caused by that spesified firmware.

Please add Nokia 701 with 111.010.1009 to RDA.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by jkosonen View Post
    Nokia Store QA is testing with Nokia 701 Belle with firmware version 111.010.1009.
    That's not available in Nokia RDA, and I can't find any device with that firmware. So pretty hard to test errors caused by that spesified firmware.

Please add Nokia 701 with 111.010.1009 to RDA.
    I agree that the situation is fairly messy. By default the RDA phones usually have the latest sales firmware version - except for special cases (and prototypes of course).

For Nokia 701 the current sales firmware versions go like this:

PR 1.0 = 111.010.1009
    PR 1.01 = 111.020.0307
    PR 1.1 = 111.030.0609

Unless my memory fails, we didn't ever have any devices in RDA with the PR 1.0 firmware, but started from the PR 1.01, as that was the sales start SW for most regions. Currently all the Nokia 701s are indeed at PR 1.1. The problemacy with the situation comes with the fact that as soon as there's a new OTA firmware update available, some user will sooner or later trigger the download and then it's a continuous hazzle to downgrade the devices.

I should be able to to temporarily enable one or two Nokia 701s to the service with the firmware version you requested though.

Well maybe Nokia QA should test with latest firmware then also.. else it's impossible for developers to get all different fimwares for themselves.

But I don't see any RDA device with that PR 1.0 firmware even now? Should it be there already?

Quote Originally Posted by bloodredsky View Post
    I agree that the situation is fairly messy. By default the RDA phones usually have the latest sales firmware version - except for special cases (and prototypes of course).

For Nokia 701 the current sales firmware versions go like this:

PR 1.0 = 111.010.1009
    PR 1.01 = 111.020.0307
    PR 1.1 = 111.030.0609

Unless my memory fails, we didn't ever have any devices in RDA with the PR 1.0 firmware, but started from the PR 1.01, as that was the sales start SW for most regions. Currently all the Nokia 701s are indeed at PR 1.1. The problemacy with the situation comes with the fact that as soon as there's a new OTA firmware update available, some user will sooner or later trigger the download and then it's a continuous hazzle to downgrade the devices.

I should be able to to temporarily enable one or two Nokia 701s to the service with the firmware version you requested though.

Quote Originally Posted by jkosonen View Post
    Well maybe Nokia QA should test with latest firmware then also.. else it's impossible for developers to get all different fimwares for themselves.

But I don't see any RDA device with that PR 1.0 firmware even now? Should it be there already?
    check again now. There should be one device available now with the PR 1.0 firmware.

would it be possibile to remove the SIM card from one of the 3rd edition devices which are availble on RDA, please?
    3250 - 5500 - E61 - E62 - E70 - N73 - N80 - N91 - N93
    I need to perform a quick test on a 3rd edition, without the sim card and it would be great if you can just remove the sim from one device.

Marco.
    http://www.guardian-mobile.com/

Hi,

I've failed Q&A for Qt app targeted on Symbian Belle. This is an excerpt:

: When launching the application, an error message 'Home screem: feature not supported' is displayed. EXPECTED RESULT: The application is launched and works properly.
    AFFECTED DEVICES: Nokia 701 Firmware: 111.010.1009.

I'm unable to get a device with such a firmware and there is no such a device in RDA and I've got no clue what a problem is.
    Later firmwares work correctly. Would it be possible for you to make such a device in RDA?

Thanks,
    Vjeko

Hello,

I have heard RDA provides access to Lumia WP devices too. But I am not able to see any of them in the devices list.

Could you recall where you have heard that? https://www.developer.nokia.com/Devi...device_access/ does not say anything about WP.

please add wp devices

There's nothing more disappointing than developers recording videos with "leaks" found in RDA and tech bloggers reporting about various new devices based on a Bluetooth device name in RDA. The "story" about a Lumia 1001 being detected in RDA was on several major blogs this week-end so I guess that's what @wmac1 was picking-up on.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    There's nothing more disappointing than developers recording videos with "leaks" found in RDA and tech bloggers reporting about various new devices based on a Bluetooth device name in RDA. The "story" about a Lumia 1001 being detected in RDA was on several major blogs this week-end so I guess that's what @wmac1 was picking-up on.
    /nokia 805 nokia 910 nokia 701 fp2
    this videos are very popular (from rda )

Quote Originally Posted by dato_k View Post
    /nokia 805 nokia 910 nokia 701 fp2
    this videos are very popular (from rda )

good joke

please add some FP2 devices

Quote Originally Posted by QHars View Post
    please add some FP2 devices
    I second that. There are quite a lot of changes to features such as the On-screen keyboard in Belle FP2, and since this update won't be available to many of the first-gen Symbian^3 devices, developers often won't have a test phone on their desk to try and reproduce bug reports for themselves.

Having at least one or two updated devices would be of great help.