Discussion Board

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Re: Questionnaire about RDA devices / firmware versions

Hello kokuryu,

one question regarding testing with N75: do you need the phone for testing something which requires SIM card? Please note that currently SIM cards aren't available with any of the RDA phones.

Regarding other limitations, please view the following link if necessary (at the end of the page):
    http://www.forum.nokia.com/main/tech...tructions.html

Best regards,

r2j7

Nokia Developer Champion

kokuryu,
    Cannot say whether or not the N75 will be introduced in the service, but I think it is important to know are you looking for a generic N75 or a Cingular variant of N75? Getting the Cingular variant in there could be more problematic...

Hartti

Nokia Developer Moderator

as Hartti said, the problem with N75 is the Cingular variant. Otherwise the device model can be supported by the system.

btw, the requested N70 is now finally there. I quickly tested yesterday, seemed to run ok.

Nokia Developer Expert

I think there should be also devices that are announced but not yet selling, like N81 8GB.

Support for N81 has already been added to the system, it will be there sooner or later.

Nokia Developer Expert

Quote Originally Posted by bloodredsky View Post
    Support for N81 has already been added to the system, it will be there sooner or later.
    Ok, that's cool.

Is it possible to get telephony related events, in my application using RDA ?

Regards,
    Manish
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodredsky View Post
    Hello,

I'm the guy who currently administrates the FN remote device access (RDA) setup (http://forum.nokia.com/rda) - and would like to raise a couple of questions about the devicebase. What devices / firmware-versions would you like to see in the system? Are you happy with what is offered there or would you like to see some other models there as well? What about the firmware-versions: is it enough for you to have the latest/rather recent SW (typical EURO-variant with english locale) or would you like to see also other versions or even different language variants?

Feel free to comment. If you haven't tried the service out yet, now its' a good time to start

EDIT: as an example, N95 currently has 2 major firmware releases: 10.0.018 and 11.0.026. I recently updated 2 of the devices we have to the latest SW, and left the rest with the older one.

Super Contributor

hi All,

Recently i went through the RDA and found devices only of 3rd edtions ..

The RDA is cool for testing virtually without having a real phone but it will be great if nokia porvides RDA for all devices released till now of symbian..

This is only my opinion that i thought of sharing .. don't know what others have to say on it...

Any feedback will be great on this...

Regards,
    Mateen Maldar
    "Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve"

Out of current devices N70 and N72 are from S60 2nd edition. The rest are 3rd edition.

There may be more devices (=more variety) if there is enough usage. Meanwhile we'll likely run the service with the 20 device limit and rotate the models as seen necessary. This is where your input counts. And of course, we are also trying to renew the devicebase when new interesting models become available. (N81 is with all likelyhood the next one.. Just waiting for a permission to put it online)

I do have a few other S60 2nd edition models on reserve for this purpose, like 6630.

I'll be adding the N81 to the system likely on monday (1 x starters). Also N70, N73, N76 now have SIMs to allow data connections (phone calls, SMS/MMS are still blocked). For many others you could of course already do the same using WLAN.

As requested by a few users, we updated the S60 2nd edition offering a bit:

* N70 S60 2nd edition FP3
    * 6680 S60 2nd edition FP2
    * 6670 S60 2nd edition FP1

So one from each featurepack.. We also have some other alternative old models on reserve, so changes can be made upon request.

The N92 device would be a good addition to the mix. It has a unique key layout when compared to the N93.

There are now 2 devices with special firmware build that includes WRT (Web run-time), so you can test your Widgets with RDA. More instructions will follow later. These devices are one of the N95s and the N95 8GB. These are special releases, so there may be underlying issues, but you can use them for beta testing.

Also a lot of the device firmwares got updated today, for example E90, N73, E65.

TCP connectivity broken after using RDA

I am not sure if this is a local problem, but it is so persistent and so exclusive to the RDA client (including the latest version) that it seems worthwhile to report it anyway. I find that often after a about 5-10 minutes of using RDA the network connection breaks down, but not just to the RDA server, but also for all other applications on my device, and all network cards.

When this happens, I have to reboot my machine (logging off and back on is not enough) to get any type of TCP/IP connectivity back. In fact, I cannot even renew my IP address until I do so.

Now I wonder if the RDA client does something weird to the TCP setup (perhaps as a leftover from supporting local connections to a phone attached to the same machine?) as no other application causes this behavior on my machine.

Setup: Windows XP SP2 with built-in Ethernet and WLAN cards. Connected through a corporate firewall. Some installed applications that sound like they could be related: Symantec AntiVirus, Cisco VPN client (not connected when the problems with RDA are happening), PC Suite, Nokia Network Bridge.

Has anyone experienced a similar thing happening?

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast