Discussion Board

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Questionnaire about RDA devices / firmware versions

For those who might be interested, N95 8GB officially hits SW 15.x - the RDA N95 8GBs are now flashed with firmware 15.0.015.

This firmware version is also WRT enabled and comes with Flash Lite 3 embedded.

What is it with the publishing of the firmware 21.0.001 for the N95-1?
    But also includes the Flash Lite 3 player, as the N95-8GB.
    This version is from 16-10-07.
    So far there is only the 20.0.015.

Sorry for my bad English, I am doing my best.

Firmware of the N82 was updated to 11.0.117.

What is it with the publishing of the firmware 21.0.001 for the N95-1?
    But also includes the Flash Lite 3 player, as the N95-8GB.
    This version is from 16-10-07.
    So far there is only the 20.0.015.
    As stated on the service frontpage, the 21.0.001 is a special firmware build that was made available for developer support (as it features WRT). As of now there is no information or no guarantee whether it might become publically available.

One E90 with special WRT enabled firmware build was just added to the system (sw 200.34.69). The same condition apply to this device as for the N95 WRT build - this is not official firmware release, at least yet, but you can use it for beta testing your Widgets.

Firmware of the RDA N81 8GB was updated to version 11.0.045.

Hi!

I would be interested in N95 8GB with some of the previous firmware versions -- our application has a bug introduced by 15.0.015 SW, and I would like to test my fix with the older SW as well.

Very nice that the standard N95 exists with three different firmwares in RDA.

RDA rocks!

asoinio:

As those who have been using the service for a while have probably noticed, the number of devices that we have available is currently fixed to 20 (purely a resource question).

However we can easily do "device campaigns" and "rotate" that models that are available - it all depends on feedback and usage rate. So yes, I can also make other N95 8GB firmware versions temporarily available. Prior to current 15.x firmware there has been 2 major versions:

Which one would you prefer?

Quote Originally Posted by bloodredsky View Post

Which one would you prefer?
    Thanks a lot! These both are fine for my testing purposes, maybe the earlier one would be the best.

Btw, don't know if you are already aware of this but there is one limitation in RDA: When using direct screen access to draw to the screen (we use the CMMFDevVideoPlay and CDirectScreenAccess-classes based on device), RDA does not show the display at all.

I guess this is due to the fact that RDA works as a S60 application, and cannot access the low level data. Nothing too bad, but limits video playback testing using RDA.

asoinio: ok, I will probably put one N95 8Gb with the 10.0.021 firmware available later today.

I'm aware that in certain circumstances the current RDA implementation can't capture the screendata. Not the same but similar case (+some explanations) listed here:

http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...L_applications

asoinio: ok, I will probably put one N95 8Gb with the 10.0.021 firmware available later today.
    Thanks for the quick action! I'm still waiting to get a new DevCert for testing on this device, they are having some issues at symbiansigned.com...

Hi,

is there any plan to have a device with Flash Lite 3, so capable of playing streaming flash video, at the RDA soon ?

Thanks,
    Javi.

Re: Questionnaire about RDA devices / firmware versions + most recent updates

What devices / firmware-versions would you like to see in the system? Are you happy with what is offered there or would you like to see some other models there as well?
    Of course, this is still very early days, but is there already an indication as to when the first 3rd Ed FP2 devices from the lineup just announced at MWC (most likely the N78) are going to be available?

After my experiences with the most recent set of new devices (E51, N81, N82, N95-8GB), which introduced quite a few unexpected compatibility problems for us (that emulator testing didn't prepare us for), I believe that it would be particularly valuable to have at least some kind of FP2 on actual hardware (even if it is a reflashed N95-8GB ;-)) available prior to commercial launch.

This way, application developers can make sure their software is prepared, rather than rushing out updates after customers already have the devices in their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by JaviRos View Post
    Hi,

is there any plan to have a device with Flash Lite 3, so capable of playing streaming flash video, at the RDA soon ?

Thanks,
    Javi.
    There already are a few devices that can do this (basically the devices marked "WRT"). I would recomment checking out the N95 8GB (sw 15.x) as this firmware is already official sales version and it has FL3 pre-installed.

Of course, this is still very early days, but is there already an indication as to when the first 3rd Ed FP2 devices from the lineup just announced at MWC (most likely the N78) are going to be available?
    We first need to add support for the new models, which might take a short while.. But yes, we are planning to add FP2 devices to the system in near future. Now that the first devices are officially announced, the door for this is open. Of course also the firmware/hardware maturity may affect the situation.

Regular Contributor

Thumbs down Re: Questionnaire about RDA devices / firmware versions

Hello,

I tried serveral times to execute Ajax calls (Method: post, additional Headers) with N95 devices on RDA and every time the additional headers were stripped. Therefore such Ajax calls don't work.

Doesn't the S60 browser support additional headers or is this an issue of RDA? I also wrote to the support but I have never got an answer.

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast