Discussion Board

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Questionnaire about RDA devices / firmware versions

Quote Originally Posted by phg04 View Post
    Hello,

I tried serveral times to execute Ajax calls (Method: post, additional Headers) with N95 devices on RDA and every time the additional headers were stripped. Therefore such Ajax calls don't work.

Doesn't the S60 browser support additional headers or is this an issue of RDA? I also wrote to the support but I have never got an answer.
    Hello,

do you have a test script or test app you could provide so I can take a closer look into this? As far as RDA goes, pretty much the only possible cause for filtering network data is a firewall that we have between the WLAN router and internet. Did it make any difference whether you used WLAN (named "rda") or Elisa internet access point? Does the same problem occur also on other device models?

Regular Contributor

Hello,

thank you for your reply. This issue occurs with RDA and ELISA access points. And with all devices. I think it is a bug of the S60 browser. Cf.: http://lists.webkit.org/pipermail/we...er/050671.html

Quote Originally Posted by phg04 View Post
    Hello,

thank you for your reply. This issue occurs with RDA and ELISA access points. And with all devices. I think it is a bug of the S60 browser. Cf.: http://lists.webkit.org/pipermail/we...er/050671.html
    According to information I got this feature would be fixed/added to S60 5.0 browser.. But I can't confirm this currently.

Re: Questionnaire about RDA devices / firmware versions + most recent updates

Quote Originally Posted by bloodredsky View Post
    EDIT: also listing the most recent updates to devicebase on this thread. If some the Nokia S60 device you need to test your application on is not currently included to the system, you can send me a request and I'll see what I can do. In most cases it might be possible - at least temporarily, add the requested device(/s) to the system.
    One device I would currently like to see is the 6120 classic with the 4.21 firmware. It seems that this latest firmware change that has been out for a few weeks (but not announced on NFU News yet) is causing trouble with one of our applications, and being able to crash the phone remotely ;-) may be the quickest way of pinning it down.

Thanks.

ciao marcus

One device I would currently like to see is the 6120 classic with the 4.21 firmware. It seems that this latest firmware change that has been out for a few weeks (but not announced on NFU News yet) is causing trouble with one of our applications, and being able to crash the phone remotely ;-) may be the quickest way of pinning it down.

Thanks.

ciao marcus
    Hello Marcus,

I will check if we have this device in stock - if so, then I can make it (at least temporarily) available.

I was also previously requested to restore 5500 to the system, apparently the unique screensize has been causing a few problems. So if you need to test on this device it's now available. Otherwise we are working on getting a few S60 3.2 devices available; if all goes well, it might happen later this week.

Otherwise we are working on getting a few S60 3.2 devices available; if all goes well, it might happen later this week.
    That would be wonderful, and (at least for me) would come at just the right time, as I am this week preparing an update for Symbian Signed submission, and I would feel much better if I had first at least touch-tested it on an FP2 device to see if my emulator testing is likely to be valid for the "real thing" as well.

One device I would currently like to see is the 6120 classic with the 4.21 firmware.
    6120 classic with that SW version has now been temporarily added to the service.

6120 classic with that SW version has now been temporarily added to the service.
    Thanks a lot - this has been very helpful, even if (in this case) just to confirm that any problem there may be with our application on this firmware are not as obvious as the first reports made it sound. ;-)

I that's all I can do via RDA at the moment, so feel free to replace the device again, especially if it is for an N78. :-)))

ciao marcus

Quote Originally Posted by mgroeber9110 View Post
    Thanks a lot - this has been very helpful, even if (in this case) just to confirm that any problem there may be with our application on this firmware are not as obvious as the first reports made it sound. ;-)

I that's all I can do via RDA at the moment, so feel free to replace the device again, especially if it is for an N78. :-)))

ciao marcus
    Glad you found it useful. And yes, the 6120 classic will make room for the FP2 devices - so if someone else also needs to test on this model, it would be easier if you do it now I can't say for sure which model/models we are including, potentially it could be any of the announced 4 models.. This mainly depends on how the current firmware/hardware versions work with RDA. It seems we might need to wait until next week as easter holidays are messing up our schedules a bit.

2 x 6220 classics (S60 3.2 device) added to the service. Bear in mind that these are not commercial version yet, so there may be differences/issues compared to final version.

http://www.forum.nokia.com/devices/6220_classic

Other models under investigation.

Suggestion: use SNTP time synchronization for RDA servers

One more idea that just crossed my mind during my latest session, when I again got reminded that my session is about to expire, several minutes before the allocated time:

How about enabling an SNTP client on the server machines running RDA, so that they always have the exact time?

This would avoid confusion about reservation windows due to differences between server and client time, assuming that most folks accessing the service have their clocks set to "real" time on average as well.

mgroeber9110:

Notice that about 6 minutes of each reservation is reserved for device reboot/restore, this is why the reservation ends a bit "prematurely". I can look into synching the server time though, occasionally it might be off a few minutes.

A few firmware updates were done: 1xE90 to v.200.34.72 and 1x95 8GB to v. 20.0.016 (these are both include WRT+FL3). And the 6220 classics that were added yesterday are also WRT enabled.

BTW. a tip of WRT widget developers (if you haven't noticed): you can install .wgz files to WRT enabled devices directly using the "install application"-feature. Although only .sis/.sisx/.jar-files are listed there, select "all files" & locate your .wgz file to install it.

We've included 1x6210 navigator + 1xN96 to the service. The same applies to these as the 6220 classics: these are not commercial version yet, so there may be differences/issues compared to final version. Keep this in mind when testing.

The new WRT/Flashlite 3 enabled N82 firmware (20.0.062) is now also available in RDA.

Otherwise some of you may noticed that the few S60 2nd edition devices that we've had in the system (N70, 6680 and a few other ocasional models) have been removed. Along with a few minor server updates we've done recently (to be able to provide the S60 3.2 devices etc.) we ran into a problem with them, but hopefully this is only temporary and can be resolved..

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast