Discussion Board

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Unhappy Re: Questionnaire about RDA devices / firmware versions

Hi,

Anyone tried to use rda from linux ? After I start the application and try to reserve a device, I am getting "cannot run program rundll32" . I opened the java console,
    I found a log like,

====================================================================
    INFO: Launching rundll32 url.dll,FileProtocolHandler http://apu.ndhub.net/webui/res.php?a...vice=72&slot=0
    ====================================================================

Thanks
    Kamanashis Roy

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Questionnaire about RDA devices / firmware versions

Anyone tried to use rda from linux ?
    Hello,

I have not tried this myself, but have gotten reported about few users being able to use RDA on Linux. I would guess this is mostly a question of browser compability and having a new enough version of JRE installed (version 1.5.0 or newer required).

I'm not sure if that helped or not.. But one of the planned items for next RDA release is "official" support also for Linux/Mac OS.

Last week the service was run with minimum maintenance, which resulted in few problems. Now things should be normalized again.

Today I've updated the firmware of 6210 navigator + 6220 classics and restored N70 to the service.

Hi
    Is there any way to restore the factory settings?
    The phone asks me for the Lock Code, and 12345 didn't work.
    I would like to clean the phone from other applications people installed before me.
    Thanks

Hello FCA00000,

The lock codes are changed on purpose, as then also data required by RDA to work would be lost. We clean up the devices periodically, but if you need any further assistance with this, drop me a note either here or through email (ndh.fi at nokia.com). Automated cleanup/restore is something that has been on our "todo"-list for a long time, but difficult to implement reliably with the current system structure.

Hi, thank you very much for your reply.
    Right now I am testing programs that start on boot, so I would like to test in 'clean' devices, to speed up the starting time.
    I can already do with the RDA devices, but if you can reformat one of them, for example N80, it will help.
    If possible, I would also like to remove the 'Search' application, which shows in the Standby screen.
    Thanks again for your support.
    Regards

FYI I ran factory reset on N80 this morning. (there might have been a few people using the device since then though)

I believe the search application came with the phone firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodredsky View Post
    FYI I ran factory reset on N80 this morning. (there might have been a few people using the device since then though)

I believe the search application came with the phone firmware.
    Thanks. I used it and seems perfect.
    FYI: the search application is not installed by default. At least not in my firmware or in RDA after your reset.
    That is good for me :-)

Nokia has made an agreement with the S60 licensees to pilot 1xLG and 1XSamsung S60 devices in our RDA. The included models are LG KT610 and Samsung SGH-i450. These are both based on Symbian OS 9.2 and S60 3rd ed. FP1. The Samsung/LG devices are available on "as is"-basis - Forum Nokia does not offer technical support for them. But if you have feedback about this arrangement or run into RDA related problem with these devices, you should contact me (prerably through the RDA support email address).

Post New device requests

Hello,

Regarding new device requests,

We miss S40 devices a lot, but it seems there is technical problem in including them. I hope a solution will be reached soon.

Amoung S60, i think N71 inclusion will be helpful, becoz it is a lead device in java verified testing.

I like to suggest below criteria for device selection...
    1) All lead devices in each subset of models, which have a common platform can be included. Eg, pls see Java verified supported models pdf.
    2) in my opinion, lead devices can be the lowest device in that group with respect to heap memory and processor power, while it will retain all other features of its group.
    3) display size is a important criteria for this selection process and it is good to included devices of all display size in each platform. But, i personally dont need testing on devices with display less than 176x220.

Thanks,
    Vinoth

I wonder if the Samsung IMEI 359081010380589 is correct. I can't install software that has been signed with dev.cert. that has that IMEI correctly entered. I can't verify this since the phone does not let me dial *#06#

There are utility applications out there that can show you the IMEI or you can write your own two line of code to do the same, then install it on the phone self-signed.

Of course there could be other reasons for your installation to fail ...
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by aol View Post
    I wonder if the Samsung IMEI 359081010380589 is correct. I can't install software that has been signed with dev.cert. that has that IMEI correctly entered. I can't verify this since the phone does not let me dial *#06#
    CTelephony::GetPhoneId returns a 17 digit number, 35908101038058901, i.e. the quoted IMEI with two digits added. It looks like a hybrid IMEI and IMEISV?

Yep, this one is the right one, the phone has a 17 digits IMEI.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Quote Originally Posted by mike_brock View Post
    CTelephony::GetPhoneId returns a 17 digit number, 35908101038058901, i.e. the quoted IMEI with two digits added. It looks like a hybrid IMEI and IMEISV?
    Thanks for pointing this out, will need to fix this. I think the IMEI field size in our RDA app is fixed to 15 digits, which is why the last 2 digits would cut out.

Amoung S60, i think N71 inclusion will be helpful, becoz it is a lead device in java verified testing.

I like to suggest below criteria for device selection...
    1) All lead devices in each subset of models, which have a common platform can be included. Eg, pls see Java verified supported models pdf.
    2) in my opinion, lead devices can be the lowest device in that group with respect to heap memory and processor power, while it will retain all other features of its group.
    3) display size is a important criteria for this selection process and it is good to included devices of all display size in each platform. But, i personally dont need testing on devices with display less than 176x220.
    Thanks for the feedback. We've previously had N71 in the system but it was removed to make room for newer models. Of course it would be ideal to have all the lead devices, screensizes etc. available in the system. The problem is that currently if I want to add a device to the system, I need to remove something (= limited resource-> fixed number of device slots). And it's usually the least used devices that are the first ones to go. However I can easily "rotate" the available models whenever needed. i.e make so specific model available for a week, then change it to something else and so forth. So if the models you need to test your application on is not currently included to the system, feel free to drop me a request