Discussion Board

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Re: Questionnaire about RDA devices / firmware versions

Hi,

It's good that RDA devices available for Developer community.but i can see all these phones for Europe region carriers ( SIMs) .Why can not some of the phones will be available for US carriers ( US Sims:AT&T,Verizon,Sprint,Tmobile) for test purpose.?
    I would like to test Top Nokia Phones which supported video streaming ( RTSP) with US carriers.Could you please provide that in our RDA.

Thanks,
    Suresh

Nokia Developer Moderator

Why can not some of the phones will be available for US carriers ( US Sims:AT&T,Verizon,Sprint,Tmobile) for test purpose.?
    This is something for which we might soon have a solution.. However not doable at the moment. Currently all the devices are flashed with generic (non-operator branded) firmware and supplied with Elisa SIM-cards.

This may have already been asked somewhere but would it be possible to have some devices in other langauges?

Eg I would like to test on some Chinese (any of the 3) devices.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by uniras View Post
    This may have already been asked somewhere but would it be possible to have some devices in other langauges?

Eg I would like to test on some Chinese (any of the 3) devices.

Thanks
    Any of the which 3 models? I could easily flash a device with Chinese language package and make it temporarily available (for example for a few days).

About the Samsung SGH-i450: Could you fix the IMEI in the info-box, or just remove it from there?

I spent some time wondering why my app won't install, until I found the correct IMEI information on RDA welcome-page.

But once again: Thanks for a great service!

asoinio:

The system reads the IMEI + SW version information automatically from each device and "dumps" it to the info screen. ie. I can't unfortunately (easily) remove it. The RDA developers have been notified and they've promised to deliver a fix.

Regular Contributor

Thumbs down Always problems with page overview and tab navigation

Hello,

have you already recognized that the page overview in the browser has never worked?

The tab navigation in the browser is also not working.

Re: Always problems with page overview and tab navigation

Quote Originally Posted by phg04 View Post
    Hello,

have you already recognized that the page overview in the browser has never worked?

The tab navigation in the browser is also not working.
    Page overview (if you are referring to the "minimap") should work on those phones that have the OSS browser. (browser shortcut key 8)

As for tab browsing, I don't think that's an "officially" supported feature on S60 phones at the moment. I remember reading about some unofficial workaround, which allowed launching links into separate windows on some S60 3.1 phones line N82 and then you'd switch the active window with browser shortcut key 5, but I have not really tried it. Is this what you are referring to?

I don't think either of these are really RDA related issues, rather limitations of the devices. If the shortcut keys are not working at all on some device/s, then we need to investigate that.

Regular Contributor

Wink Re: Questionnaire about RDA devices / firmware versions

Hello bloodredsky,

it was my fault. I mean that you cannot jump from one link to another in the browser using the up and down keys.

E66 was added to the service. For time being the onscreen keyboard is not correct (device specific function keys missing..) as we still need do some changes to the server side.

Adding E71 later should also be possible. (if someone is interested)

# About the app uninstall
    Today I tried RDA for testing first time, as usual I check the system clock, APN setting and the application manager to make sure a stable, clean-up testing enviroment. But in application manager, I found a very long list of installed applications, then I check the User Guide, and there's no words about the default installation application list, so I tried to uninstalled them one by one. Unhopefully, the RDA device disconnected by this process. The disconnect status lasted almost 1 hour, and this situation happened on both two N95.
    I check your words before, "Uninstall the testing app before leave the reservation", but I want to say is, is there some other way to ensure a stable, clean-up testing enviroment and not effect by the last user?

jojo.jin:

The "installed applications" list may vary based on device model, but I can say there may be several packages that are installed/left there on purpose (for example SimulationPsy positioning simulation tool). And some data needed by RDA to work. Generally I would not worry too much about this (unless problems occur of course), since these few packages should have minimal (if any) effect on your application. After all S60 are multitasking devices and you can rarely assume that your end user would have a totally clean device either. We try to clean up the devices periodically, but it's of course highly recommented that you uninstall your own application/s after you're done testing.

Also I've probably said this before but I'll say it again: automated cleanup/restore-feature has been on out todo-list for a long time, but there are just some challenges to have that reliably implemented with the current system structure. We have some ideas though and hopefully find something that works out.

We had to remove N70 temporarily. For some reason the device (and any other S60 2nd ed. models I tried) refuse to work properly now, so I've passed this to the developers for further investigation.

Meanwhile I threw 6124 classic to the system. http://www.forum.nokia.com/devices/6124_classic

hello

regarding e71 - very much even !

have to test behavior of my software compared to e90 !

bye

Quote Originally Posted by bloodredsky View Post
    E66 was added to the service. For time being the onscreen keyboard is not correct (device specific function keys missing..) as we still need do some changes to the server side.

Adding E71 later should also be possible. (if someone is interested)

E71 was added to the service. Additionally N70 is now available again. On the downside, 6124 and 3250 were removed (due to low usage). But we can easily restore them later if needed.