Discussion Board

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
    Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Questionnaire about RDA devices / firmware versions

E55 added to the service.

Could you tell me on what S60 devices there are Dutch and Finnish languages.
    Or could you swith to them?

Quote Originally Posted by gpletnev View Post
    Could you tell me on what S60 devices there are Dutch and Finnish languages.
    Or could you swith to them?
    N80 is the only device which I remember to currently have scandinavian language package flashed (including finnish). Pretty much all the other have EURO1, which means english, german, french, italian etc... (no dutch). I could rather easily reflash some device with different language package (all variants have english anyway, so it does not affect "normal" RDA use that much).

Quote Originally Posted by bloodredsky View Post
    I reset the device, should be working now.
    In E71 is still problem. When I try to install some software, phone shows 'Application closed: !InstallServer FSCLIENT panic 0' -message and installation process is canceled. Maybe factory reset help.

Quote Originally Posted by t3jomi00 View Post
    In E71 is still problem. When I try to install some software, phone shows 'Application closed: !InstallServer FSCLIENT panic 0' -message and installation process is canceled. Maybe factory reset help.
    I did a factory reset for the device, should hopefully be working ok now.

6720 classic added to service. (http://www.forum.nokia.com/devices/6720_classic)

Is it possible to access two different devices at the same time using the same account? I want to demo an application to two users and would like for them to be able to use it individually on 2 different machines. Thanks, Fraser

Quote Originally Posted by fhardy View Post
    Is it possible to access two different devices at the same time using the same account? I want to demo an application to two users and would like for them to be able to use it individually on 2 different machines. Thanks, Fraser
    One user can access multiple devices at the same time, each device is launched as it's own window.

However it's not possible for 2 people to be connected to same device at a time, not even using the same user account (RDA does not support this type of "collaboration" at least for now). But you could always do the demo on your computer and either record a video of it which you can show, or use some screencast app to stream it live to those other people.

Some new devices have been added to the service again: 6210s, E71x, N97. E55 was also restored.

some of you may have already noticed, but screen orientation change (landscape/portrait) should now be working and enabled for 5th ed. devices, e.g 5800XM and N97, and also mostly all 3rd edition FP2 devices.

Hello.
    Thanks for your service. May be, you can help me. I need to test Symbian application for work with external BT GPS. I don't have real phone now. Is it possible to add any BT GPS near phone?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by trian1970 View Post
    Hello.
    Thanks for your service. May be, you can help me. I need to test Symbian application for work with external BT GPS. I don't have real phone now. Is it possible to add any BT GPS near phone?
    Thanks.
    Trian1970, sorry didn't notice this question earlier. I don't have a external bluetooth GPS device at hand right now and since the devices are located indoors, where it might be impossible to get a GPS signal, I'm not sure it would do much good. But if I find one somewhere, I can try.

the actual thing I was supposed to post here: there was a server side issue since yesterday morning which was slowing down the RDA server (page load time was in worst case minutes). We just attempted to fix it and now things seems to load up normally again.

Thanks a lot for adding the N97 - having a hotly anticipated new device available well before launch is, in my mind, the best use case for RDA.

At the risk of seeming immodest, would it be possible to add a few more phones temporarily? If you look at the reservations schedule, with N97s and 5800s booked almost 24/7 for days on end, it seems that demand clearly outstrips supply, and adding more phones should be among the cheapest ways for Nokia to ensure good application support for 5th Edition. :-)

Two more thoughts:

- This high-demand situation shows that the current reservations system is a bit problematic, with many 15-minute sessions separated by 15-minute intervals dotting the timeline. These do not seem suitable for actual work, but rather look like the result of input errors. Point-and-click reservations are fine, but it seems that, at least on some browsers, the current system is quite prone to errors that cannot be rectified afterwards.

- Would it make sense, as an extra benefit to paying customers, to make some additional devices available exclusively to Pro/Launchpad members in times of high demand? I am sometimes a bit surprised to see Nokia miss relatively obvious and simple ways of adding value to its partner programmes.

ciao marcus

Quote Originally Posted by mgroeber9110 View Post
    Thanks a lot for adding the N97 - having a hotly anticipated new device available well before launch is, in my mind, the best use case for RDA.

At the risk of seeming immodest, would it be possible to add a few more phones temporarily? If you look at the reservations schedule, with N97s and 5800s booked almost 24/7 for days on end, it seems that demand clearly outstrips supply, and adding more phones should be among the cheapest ways for Nokia to ensure good application support for 5th Edition. :-)

Two more thoughts:

- This high-demand situation shows that the current reservations system is a bit problematic, with many 15-minute sessions separated by 15-minute intervals dotting the timeline. These do not seem suitable for actual work, but rather look like the result of input errors. Point-and-click reservations are fine, but it seems that, at least on some browsers, the current system is quite prone to errors that cannot be rectified afterwards.

- Would it make sense, as an extra benefit to paying customers, to make some additional devices available exclusively to Pro/Launchpad members in times of high demand? I am sometimes a bit surprised to see Nokia miss relatively obvious and simple ways of adding value to its partner programmes.

ciao marcus
    There will (hopefully) be some optimization done to the reservation system logic in near future. I don't have more N97 at hand at the moment, so even though it might indeed make sense to add a few more (due to high demand), can't be done at least right away. I will be cleaning up the reservation calendar though if I notice any "garbage" there. As for any pro/lp exclusive access, that would be mostly a question of resourcing and usage rate. The main point of RDA is of course to provide access to devices to many people, not just a few (and therefore the main target is on wide community).

EDIT: forget it, I saw you have the firmware version when rolling over phone on "reservation"...it could be great to see it on the main screen, when you choose your phone

may I ask you the firmware version of the 5800 ?
    I read flv can be played on v10.....it's perhaps why my video based app doesn't work but I need to be sure...

thanks!

William
    http://www.willna.com - Free Flash Lite games
    http://kanedafr.blogspot.com - My Flash Lite related blog

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast