Discussion Board

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324

Re: Questionnaire about RDA devices / firmware versions

Are there plans to add new S40 devices?

At the moment, there isn't a single S40 Developer Platform 2.0 that I can test my applications on. There are only two devices on S40 Developer Platform 1.1 (one of them won't even launch the Nokia Xpress browser, so really 1 device). Finally, there isn't a single S40 Developer Platform 1.0 device.

Any plans to fix this issue?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by grift View Post
    At the moment, there isn't a single S40 Developer Platform 2.0 that I can test my applications on. There are only two devices on S40 Developer Platform 1.1 (one of them won't even launch the Nokia Xpress browser, so really 1 device). Finally, there isn't a single S40 Developer Platform 1.0 device.
    Would be great to have an S40 Full touch device (my favorite is Nokia Asha 311) available in the RDA.
    Pankaj Nathani
    www.croozeus.com

I will ask about plans for FT devices in RTA. There may be technical reasons this isn't supported (I don't know)

Hi,

Does the devices in the RDA support incoming sms, I have tried with couple of phones but it doesn't seem to be working.

Thanks
    Bhaskar

Quote Originally Posted by grift View Post
    Are there plans to add new S40 devices?

There are only two devices on S40 Developer Platform 1.1 (one of them won't even launch the Nokia Xpress browser, so really 1 device). Finally, there isn't a single S40 Developer Platform 1.0 device.
    Agreed, would be nice to at least have at least one DP 1.0 device, as well as a non-landscape S60 6th ed (non-fp) device.

Btw, the RDA C3-00 is not working, it's just displaying the message "Battery full. Save energy and remove charger from wall socket", also after rebooting.

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by yoursbachi View Post
    Hi,

Does the devices in the RDA support incoming sms, I have tried with couple of phones but it doesn't seem to be working.

Thanks
    Bhaskar
    Hi,

Yes, RDA supports incoming sms. You can check whether the device is able to do that from the device listing when you login. If the device has a phone number marked in the info, then it can receive sms messages.

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by TongMuan View Post
    Agreed, would be nice to at least have at least one DP 1.0 device, as well as a non-landscape S60 6th ed (non-fp) device.

Btw, the RDA C3-00 is not working, it's just displaying the message "Battery full. Save energy and remove charger from wall socket", also after rebooting.
    We will have to check the situation with with the S40 DP 1.0 devices. Do you have a preference device what would you like to have there? For Series60 platform we are not increasing the number of devices. C3-00 is also back online.

Quote Originally Posted by enstedt View Post
    We will have to check the situation with with the S40 DP 1.0 devices. Do you have a preference device what would you like to have there? For Series60 platform we are not increasing the number of devices. C3-00 is also back online.
    Sorry for slow response. S60 6th edition was a typo, meant S40 6th edition (non-fp) device. Also, for S40 DP 1.0, any device will do.

In order to publish to Nokia Store, an app needs to be marked "Fully tested" for at least one device on each platform, so it would be nice if also RDA had a device for each platform supported by the Store. That way it would be easy to at least check that the app starts and works somewhat - DP 1.0 is quite recent, but there are no devices on RDA, so for developers without physical devices, the choices are either not publishing for that platform at all, testing only with emulator or marking the app fully tested without actually testing...