Discussion Board

N95 sip and AEBS (Airport Extreme) router

Hi,

I am desperately trying to get this to work but just can't.

I have defined a static IP on the N95 so that I can open 5060 and 5061 to that specific IP but still it won't work, anyone else that got this working?

Re: N95 sip and AEBS (Airport Extreme) router

I have helped one guy to get a Nokia phone working with an Airport router. Do not remember the details but what you have to do is:

- Opening up the ports 5060 - 5061 is not enough, in principle you need to open up all ports from 5060 to 65 000 something.

- Doing this by opening ports in the router is not the easiest way. You have to permit the phone to act as a server. The easiest way is to see that the phone gets the same IP-address every time. Most routers have something called DMZ (DeMilitarized Zone). Putting the phones IP-address there will allow outgoing/ incoming traffic to pass the NAT and the firewall.

Anyhow, it is definitely possible to make it work.

Ok, now I´ve tested some more without success.

Downloaded FRING and put in the info needed and wham, it works great. Plus FRING got Skype, MSN, Google Talk and SIP.

It is fuzzy to get SIP calls working from a Nokia phone. The tricky details are setting up the phone and the router, especially as the instructions from those selling us both hardware and services usually are bad. You have got it working now, should you still want to give it a try AND can read Swedish you can:

- If you check the link http://www.voip-forum.se/forum/showthread.php?t=914
    you will in the first post find a link to a document describing what happens when you register and make a call with comments on where the problems are with respect to setting up the router.

- On the same site, if you search for posts by the user creability you can see how his problems with an airport router were solved.