Discussion Board

BT GPS mouse not detected

Hi

I am using a Nokia BT GPS mouse with E70.
    Mouse and E70 are paired.

I haven't succeeded to install a NavSW so far, so I am using the mouse only with the standard Navigator application of the phone that tells me coordinates, height, speed, number of satellites etc. The BT connection to the mouse gets only active when I run the Navigator SW. Automatic pairing is enabled.

As I ran Raccoon before w/o mouse, I deleted gpsaddress.txt using the standard file manager of the phone. Unfortunatelly, the file is not re-build with the GPS mouse adddress in it. Actually, the file is not re-build at all, even not empty.
    What I am not sure about is:
    1 -How should I configure phone/mouse that Raccoon can detect the mouse?
    2 - Does the navigator application need to run to build a BT connection to the mouse?
    3 - What do need to do to get gpsaddress.txt generated again?

Assuming this all works at one day, what happens if the mouse is not connected to the phone but I run Raccoon? I read that a socket timeout will happen after 10 sec, will this affect Raccon operation or affect the behaviour next time I connect the mouse again?

thx, Ueffchen

Re: BT GPS mouse not detected

Hi,

The gpsaddress.txt is located as in c:\Data\gpsaddress.txt. It sounds like you are not running the raccoonloc.py script at all.

When the raccoonloc.py script is run the first time, or if the gpsaddress.txt file is removed, the phone should scan for bluetooth addresses and prompt you a window to select your bluetooth GPS device. Did you see the window?

You don't need to configure anything in your phone to use bluetooth GPS device with raccoonloc.py script. The script should simply make socket connection to it regardless if they are paired or not (but then again, there are many devices out there which might need some magic to make them work).

To run the raccoonloc.py script, just tell your browser to go to your Raccoon web server and the script, e.g.

Code:
    http://your.name.at.openlaboratory.net/mod_python/py/raccoonloc.py/getLoc
    Assuming this all works at one day, what happens if the mouse is not connected to the phone but I run Raccoon? I read that a socket timeout will happen after 10 sec, will this affect Raccon operation or affect the behaviour next time I connect the mouse again?
    In this case the location info response from your mobile takes longer time, i.e. the socket timeout. In the RaccoonOnMap you will see waiting icon in front of your name running longer time until it finally gets the response.

I often change my account preferences if I know that I won't have my GPS device with me. You can change the "RaccoonOnMap Location URL" to

Code:
    http://your.name.at.openlaboratory.net/mod_python/py/raccoonloc.py/getGSM
    (i.e. change getLoc to getGSM). Then the raccoonloc.py script does not try to make connection to GPS device but returns directly the cell id information.

--Timo

Timo,

is it possible that you read GSM cell information and GPS information at the same time, so you get more data for your database (I remember you had only limited cell info i.e. for Germany). Then a script could merge this and add it to your database? It won't be very correct, because the cells have some diameter, especially on the countryside, but better than not having the cell info at all.

BTW, your hints helped me to get the connection to the BT mouse; I was simply not aware that I need to execute them, I thought they get executed once Raccoon starts.

Rgds, Ueffchen

Hi,

This is exactly what the raccoonloc.py is doing

See an example response from the script in here: http://raccoon.openlaboratory.net/Ra...doc/script.php

--Timo