Discussion Board

how to create a playlist for the audio player...

Hello Everyone,

I have created a player through manager.create player in S60 emulator.I am able to play songs,pause and stop them by commands i wrote.I kept this commands in options menu.

In the same way i want to create a playlist for the player i created and to do operations like next and previous to play the next song or previous song.

So i need help in writing code for creating the playlist and the next/previous commands or controls.

I am working in s60 emulator with wtk2.5 and netbeans as IDE.

Please give reply soon..

Saran..

Regular Contributor

Re: how to create a playlist for the audio player...

Probably you'll find some ideas from this thread:

how to code a playlist in mp3 player? http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...light=playlist

The playlist could be implemented in a number of ways, starting from the RMS- to a file-based solution. The main thing is to store somewhere playlist's files' paths and to provide the GUI for editing the playlist.

Probably the main advise whould be to keep it simple. For creating a playlist your player should be able to scan the phone's memory and to discover the music files. Later it should present them to the user, and enable adding or removing music files from the playlist.

In a mobile player I would rather recommend to enable a two-moded GUI: the music file browser and the playlist player. The first one would scan the memory for the music files and will help you to edit the playlist, while the second one will let you to play selected music files from the playlist.

I am directly going to the folder where i stored the songs, from there the commands i paleced in options menu like play,stop and pause,i am able to play and stop and also selecting the song i wish to play by up arrow and down arrows in the emulator.But now i need to do that by using next and previous commands in the optiopns.then will it be the palylist where i am storing the songs.

Am i doing right or not?how can i automatically browse the songs and do the operation for my player

Awaiting for ur answers

thanks in advance...

Saran.

Regular Contributor

For automatic browsing, take a look at this example from Nokia, the FileConnection API Developer's Guide (with Example) v2.0: http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.n..._0_en.zip.html

Especially, on the FileSelector class. It represents the List from which user may select an image to view. Its method displayCurrentRoot() is probably what you're looking for: automatically check for files in the specified directory, and append them to the view.

If you already can list and select songs in the GUI, the Next and Previous commands are nothing more, but just selecting the next or previous file path from the files' path list, and activating the player. You can store song paths in the String[] array, and simply keep indexing according to the Play, Stop, Next and Previous commands.