Discussion Board

"6131 NFC" as WebService client: No class def found error: java.rmi.Remote

Hi all,

I want to implement a WebService client on the Nokia 6131NFC. If I start the MIDLET on the phone I get the following Exception:

No Class Def Found Error java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError .....: java/rmi/Remote

It seems, that the java.rmi.Remote class isn't on the phone. But in the specs of the 6131 NFC (http://www.forum.nokia.com/devices/6131_NFC) are defined that the "JSR 172 Web Services API" is implemented. And part of the JSR172 are also the class java.rmi.Remote.

What's wrong? I worrying that only the JAXP part of the JSR172 is implemented by NOKIA, but the connection part is missing ... (but i cant believe it ... where is the sense of a JSR172 without connections on a mobile phone?!?)

Could there be anything other wrong?

If realy only the JAXP part is implemented: Is there a way to install the connection part of the JSR172 on the 6131 NFC?

Many thanks!
    Steffen

Super Contributor

Re: "6131 NFC" as WebService client: No class def found error: java.rmi.Remote

Steffen,

JSR-172 contains two main packages which can be implemented independently. Indeed the implementation on 6131 as well as on other Series 40 phones (until recently - I guess 5th edition onwards) contains the XML-parsing only - JAX-RPC is not implemented.

In general, implementing JAX-RPC with Java only is not impossible, you could try to find th ereference implementation and go ahead from there.

Hartti

Hello!

I'm having the same problem.

On the emulator, it works perfectly.

I got the reference implementation and I've packed that needed classes on my application.jar but I still got the same error on the real device.

Do I have to cheat the system so it wont look for those classes on the phone libraries but instead on my .jar?

Does anyone have a clue on how to do that?

Thanks in advance.

Ricardo

Hi!

I have the same problem. The phone only implements the JAXP part of the JSR-172 and NOT the JAX-RPC part. I also think it makes no sense because now you can't use webservices to communicate with your phone.
    Can someone (from Nokia) tell us if it is planned to implement also the RPC part for the 6131NFC?

Super Contributor

No plans to backport RPC on 6131NFC as far as I know.

As I mentioned above, you could implement your own RPC implementation on top standard Java ME networking classes.

I think the addition of XML parsing was more important than having the RPC part (of course having both of them available would have been optimal...) But of course opinions vary.

Hartti

Hartti, thank you for the information.

I've downloaded the JSR-172 Reference Implementation from Sun (source code and .jar).

http://www.sun.com/software/communit...a/download.xml

With the .jar, I could add it to the build path so I could run my MIDlet on the emulator.

I just can't figure how to integrate it on my MIDlet code. I've tried to pack the .class files on my MIDleet but I still have the same error.

By reading the installation documentation of JSR-172 RI, I could realize that for a MIDP-2 .0 and CLDC-1.1 support, I have to build the source code with some costumizations.

Can you confirm if the MIDlets for this phone have to be MIDP-2.0 compatible?

Can you confirm if the MIDlets for this phone have to be CLDC1.1 compatible?

Do you know other JSR-172 RI, instead of the Sun's ?

Can you give me some guidelines, how to integrate Sun's JSR-172 RI on my code so I can test it on the real device.

Thank you in advance.

Super Contributor

"Can you confirm if the MIDlets for this phone have to be MIDP-2.0 compatible?
    Can you confirm if the MIDlets for this phone have to be CLDC1.1 compatible?"

Do not really understand what you are asking but 6131 NFC is a MIDP2.0 CLDC 1.1 phone.

No other RIs available, as far as I know.

Hartti

After a short reading of the Sun's JAX-RPC Installation Manual, I've realize if you want to build the JAX-RPC API for the MIDP2.0 and CLDC 1.1 You have to do some costumizations. cause the default build is for MIDP1.0 CLDC1.0.

Does Nokia have any tips on how to integrate this JAX-RPC API ( The Sun RI source files) on into a MIDlet that run's on a MIDP-2.0 CLDC1.1 phone?

Ricardo

Regular Contributor

Talking Re: "6131 NFC" as WebService client: No class def found error: java.rmi.Remote

So what is the solution to implement a web service client on NOKIA 6131 NFC ?
    Finalist, First European NFC Competition 2007
    2nd Prize Research Track, NFC Forum Global Competition 2008
    NFC Project Manager at the University of Nice Sophia-Antipolis, France
    http://tdelazzari.blogspot.com

Hello All,

Did someone found out any solution for webservice client on Nokia 6131 NFC device?? It seems that javax-rpc package is missing from the device.

Is there allready a solution in this case?

Thank you in advance
    Christian
    Last edited by hunter07; 2009-04-24 at 09:31.