Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Design validation problems

Hi,

I have converted to v1.2 Carbide, and the conversion routines for the UI files has been run.

If I try to load any of my pre-existing uidesgn files, I get an error prompt of "Design Validation problem" details are :-

"Problems were reported while validating model 'application.uidesign'.

These should be fixed before building or running the application.
    The design specifies a baseline SDK (com.nokia.series60 2.0.0) which does not exactly match any Build Configuration in the project (the nearest backward compatible is 'Series60_v21_CW'). Source generation will be disabled until a valid baseline SDK is selected.
    "
    The screen to change the baseline SDK gives only one option ie. Series60_2_0_CW, although there are many SDKs installed (including 2_0_CW). If I select this option, and try to save, the error message above is repeated.

I have recently re-installed some SDKs, due to a problem with Nokia Conms Framework causing me problems, it could be that I have deleted an early SDK and not replaced it, but I cant find it again.

Help!! I cannot compile my app, because all the .hrh files for my designs are empty.

Any advice would be welcome. The location of the string which sets the value of the baseline would be EXTREMELY helpful. I have spent several hours searching files in \symbiam\carbide, comparing a new workspace dummy working uidesign with my current program, but I just got lost in a morass of data...

Richard
    Last edited by 76Richard76; 2007-06-14 at 13:19.

Regular Contributor

Re: Design validation problems

Hi again,

The problem is fixed!

When I looked at Window->Preferences->Carbide->SDK preferences,
    the entry for Series60_v20 was highlighted in red. Carbide was saying that the SDK was corrupt, I thought.

I tried to uninstall the SDK, but the uninstall failed with 'Catastrophic failure', when removing Epoc32.
    So I manually deleted the files and re-installed the SDK. The preferences display was still in red!

After a lot of cussing, and some fiddling about, I found that the v20 SDK would not declare properly automatically, it has to be done by manual setting (This is on the preferences screen above ->Add new SDK). This does not give the option of setting to 2.0 for the version, so I set it to 2.1, and found the relevant file from a 'last updated file' search. This turned out to be a file
    C:\Program Files\Nokia\Carbide.c++ v1.2\configuration\com.nokia.carbide.cpp.sdk.core\carbideSDKCache.xml

I edited it to give sdkVersion = "2.0.0" and then did a rescan of SDKs in Carbide preference screen. The "2.0.0." value must match the value in the .uidesign files of <property id="com.nokia.sdt.component.symbian.version">2.0.0</property>.

All my UI designer bugs disappeared, and I saved weeks of effort to recreate my project.

All this started because NCF messed up my Emulator, and I had to delete the SDKs...

Richard

Hi

I am facing the similar problem......

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Problems were reported while validating model 'SymbianContainer.uidesign'.

These should be fixed before building or running the application.
    the location 'CONSTRUCTOR_BODY' is missing from file 'src/SymbianContainerView.cpp' at path 'function(CSymbianContainerView::CSymbianContainerView())/region(Generated Contents)'; the regenerated source may not compile correctly
    C/C++ parser cannot find 'function(CSymbianContainerView::CSymbianContainerView())/region(Generated Contents)' in 'src/SymbianContainerView.cpp'; check the immediate area for syntax errors (id 'CONSTRUCTOR_BODY', component 'com.nokia.sdt.series60.CAknView')
    C/C++ parser cannot find 'function(CSymbianContainerView::CSymbianContainerView())/region(Generated Contents)' in 'src/SymbianContainerView.cpp'; check the immediate area for syntax errors (id 'CONSTRUCTOR_BODY', component 'com.nokia.sdt.series60.CAknView')
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Richard : Did you get the solution...

Any solution or idea will be helpful...

amit

This is how i fixed this problem..

- open application.uidesign
    - browse to the overview bar in the uidesign view
    - There is a field depicting the Baseline SDK, it was empty. I selected 3rd_ed_FP2 from the drop down
    - build, problem gone! (i don't know why it came in the first place, cos it was working jus fine the previous day)

Cheers!