Discussion Board

Unhappy N95 and PC Suite

Hi
    I bought N95 and installed PC Suite that comes with the phone (ver 6.8.1). My N95 has Device software version of 10.0.018.

So after installation, I started PC Suite and clicked on Get Connected. Go through -->Cable Connection-->Next--> and then as told, hooked the USB cable to PC and then with phone turned on, hook the other end (with smaller plug than PC USB side) at the bottom of the phone. Chose -->PC Suite when prompted by the phone. Waited for like five minutes (because in an instruction, I was told to wait until PC Suite finish installing the software in the phone). And nothing happened!! PC Suite windows is running but does it take more than five minutes to actually deploy a software in the phone? I use Windows XP SP2, McAfee Virus Protection (which didn't complain anything during the process) and my laptop is okay (Intel 2 GHz, 512Mb, 100 Gb, 256 Graphics).

Please explain me what I should do. Oh, I also uninstalled PC Suite 6.8.1 and used just 6.8. I also reset the phone to initial factory settings, formatting memory card, etc.

Thanks

Super Contributor

Re: N95 and PC Suite

Hi lachee,

sorry to bounce you around, but as this is developer forum, you will likely get better results for your question on end-user forums, and especially on forum reserved for PC suite issues
    http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/...ard.id=pcsuite

best regards
    Hartti

Red face Re: N95 and PC Suite

Thanks, Harrti! I found the problem. It's all about Control Panel->System->Device Manager->Wireless Communication(Note: you need to hook up your phone and PC before seeing this option in the Device Manager Windows) and enable the Nokia N95 (my phone model) USB Phone Parent. Thanks again.