Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

SDK 3rd FP3: Emulator crashes at startup: KERN-EXEC 3

Hello Carbide users,

I just have installed Carbide.c++ 1.2 express, the S60 SDKs 2nd FP3, tested the Hello World Example from the SDK in Emulator and on an Nokia N90. It's OK.
    Then I have installed the SDK 3rd FP1 and have tried the example for a 3rd ed. GUI application (also a Hello world). I first build for the emulator. But when launching the emulator from Carbide first it took several minutes showing a blank screen then the S60 logo appeared with the pink, green and blue lines and almost the same moment:

Application closed:
    Standby mode
    KERN-EXEC 3

-> OK

Application closed:
    Startup
    Startup 10002

-> OK

Phone start-up
    failed. Contact the
    retailer.

It doesn't matter whether the emulator is launched by Carbide or started from the command line or via Windows Icon. There's always the same result.
    When launched by Carbide there is no problem in the debug window, just hundred times "Thread [Tread id: xxxxx](Running). New threads seem still to be started after the error occurs.

It looks a little bit like the often reported error with the NCNlist. But in difference to that after the crash no further operation is possible. In other words: the normal screen where you start the application from does not appear at all! The emulator is worthless.

Regular Contributor

SDK 3rd FP3: New error: CbsServer -21

I could fix the problem by deinstalling and again reinstalling the SDK. In difference to the first time I have launched the emulator immediately after installation but without any new programs build by Carbide.C++.

Later when I was back in my normal working account on Windows XP (installation requires admin account) I again launched the emulator and got following error after startup:

Application closed:
    CbsServer
    CbsServer -21

After clicking OK the emulator runs normally.
    It seems there are dependencies upon the account and permissions. This is absolutely not acceptable, at least not for a normal working account. I cannot do daily work as administrator, at home for security reasons and in a company it may not be allowed.

Regards, Karsten