Discussion Board

Thumbs down 3250 - Is it a failure?

My 3250 phone was brought to Nokia's service centre (Causeway Point) on 05-Jun-07.
    Problem: I could not get a network as soon as I went into Malaysia for a Holiday < week before. I spent $10 to enable auto-roaming but had no chance to use it in Malaysia. I encountered a lot of inconveniences as I was uncontactable by my office. Luckily I still have a job..
    That is not the only problem. I have had many issues with this phone from the time I bought it.
    (1)Just hang suddenly
    (2) Automatically reboot
    (3) Lost signal/ poor signal very easily, etc, etc.
    It was too troublesome to bring it in for these intermittent but not yet permanent issues due to, queue is unbelievable in the Service centre sometimes, no replacement phone, take 3 to 4 days to repair, too far away from my home.
    About 2 or 3 months back I faced another problem - my sms would take > 5 mins to send out, I sent an sms from carpark to my wife at home & when I reached home after almost 5 mins she just receives the sms. You cannot believe how much trouble that has caused me. It took 5 days to repair for that problem with no replacement phone!
    This new case of no network was always there but not permanent until recently.
    I also noticed that this model was not being sold just 6 mpnths after release, which I suspect is due to its numerous problems. (any comments?)
    Based on all that, I believe its not fair to charge me for this repair. I have lost a lot of confidence in Nokia phones...

Super Contributor

Re: 3250 - Is it a failure?

A fix for slow SMS for the 3250 was released on nokia.com/support pages mid-September last year: http://europe.nokia.com/A4151103

It is presumably also included (with other fixes) in later phone software (firmware) versions: http://www.nokia.com/softwareupdate