Hi,
I made a custom-build of gw-GW_0_6_3.
I found some issues when running the tomcat server behind a SSL-enabled apache as well as other things.

Config:
Internet <--> apache-2.20 (https/443) <--> tomcat 5.5 (localhost/http/8080, localhost/https/4443).

I had to change the "~" character for user directories to "@" as the former clashes with apache's mod_userdir already defined separator which is "~".
So the MWS muser directories are "https://<servername>/@<username>"

I made tomcat reachable via apache's mod_proxy and some mod_rewrite rules, which functions OK.
So a URL "https://<servername>/@<username>" gets rewritten and proxied to "http://localhost:8080/@<username>" via mod_rewrite.

Other URLs like "https://<servername>/mws-<WEPAPPS>" are proxied to "https://<localhost:4443>/mws-<WEBAPPS>" via mod_proxy.

The URL mapping in MWS Gateway seems sometimes "weirdo".
Sometimes the generated webpages contain the "original" server URL rather then the proxied/rewritten one, ex.:
./webapps/messenger/src/com/nokia/mws/webapps/messenger/MessengerContextListener.java
./webapps/musers/src/com/nokia/mws/webapps/musers/Musers.java

This happens obviously because "request.getLocalAddr()" is called rather than "request.getServerName()" as stated in tomcat's documentation.
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-...oxy-howto.html

I made some patches for that.

Using racoon-0.9.2 on my E61, I found several functionality missing:
With the self-compiled Gatewaxy, the Raccoon properties cannot be set ("On portal", "Mobsite hopping"), nor can custom Out-Of-Site messages be defined or fetched.

tomcat.log says:
WARN Thread-1 com.nokia.mws.connector.server - Unknown element (newer protocol?)connector
WARN Thread-1 com.nokia.mws.connector.server - Unknown element (newer protocol?)connector
WARN http-127.0.0.1-8080-Processor25 com.nokia.mws.connector.server - Unknown element (newer protocol?)connector
WARN http-127.0.0.1-8080-Processor25 com.nokia.mws.connector.server - Unknown element (newer protocol?)connector
WARN Thread-1 com.nokia.mws.connector.server - Unknown element (newer protocol?)connector
WARN Thread-1 com.nokia.mws.connector.server - Unknown element (newer protocol?)connector

Local (that is: Mobile Phone) apache applications sometimes "bail out" because of wrong URLs in the Source HTML or Python Server Pages.
I circumvented by setting an additional "RequestHeader" apache directive:

<LocationMatch "^/@">
RequestHeader append MUSER_SCHEME "https://"
</LocationMatch>

So this variable gets passed from the connector server to the mobile's racoon apache, where scripts executed on the phone do know whether they are called via the connector or local.

Has somebody else did something similar and want to exchange information please post here. Especially how to get the "Out-Of-Side" features to work is requested.

Thanks,
Marv

P.S. After all, it took me about one day. It is a quite interesting and stable piece of software. Thanks to Nokia Labs!