I installed MWS a few weeks ago and have been giving it a pretty good run thru on my N75. First of all I would like to say that its a very neat idea, and the ramifications for future applications being able to be hosted over one's mobile is just plain to see. That being said, I'd like to add a few of my own in addition to some that might have already been stated.
- MWS seems to take over all connections on my N&5; meaning that I cannot have another connected app (Emoze, Jaiku, etc.) running while MWS is. Granted, this might be a memory thing with my device, but its something noticeable.
- There is no kind of status indicator on the Active Standby screen. Something like uptime, number of connections, or pending messages (gestbook or contact) would be good to have on this screen.
- As others have noted, there is no way to edit permissions or site admin from the phone.
- is it possible to skin (CSS) one's mobile site?
- will the final (or future versions) allow one to point a domain name to MWSites (with that DNS and NAMESERVER info being editable on the mobile)?
- add a means to tag contacts or calendar events as private so that they do not show excpet in a maksed form maybe) when someone allowable is using MWS.
Just a few other notes: I've talked to a few people in non-profit orgs and the idea of the MWS really appeals to them because of how it can connect their workers. Looking down the line, being able to not just hst a site, but share its admin acorss several mobiles (in this case like a director and their assistant and then other staff cna just view like this is an intranet) would make this really cool.
Great product, and I know I am barely tipping teh iceberg with it considering my device. But I do like it, and have chatted about it in a few other places because of how innovative it is (Brighthand article talking about it).