Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Angry Symbiansigned.com down or unusably slow. Any info when this will get fixed

symbiansigned.com has been unusable for several days and requesting new developer certificates is not currently possible.

First: Does anyone know what is going on and when site will be functional

Second: Considering that many companies using symbiansigned.com pay both Symbian and Nokia several thousand euros to be part of their partner programs, I found it unbelievable that a) there is this long downtime and b) we are not informed of it properly.
    Last edited by teemukurppa; 2007-07-02 at 08:31.
    Teemu Kurppa
    Blog: http://dirtyaura.org/blog

Super Contributor

Re: Symbiansigned.com down or unusably slow. Any info when this will get fixed

hi,

i'm also facing the same problem as the site www.symbiansigned.com is under maintainance . i'm not able to upload my .csr file to get the cert..

Hope symbian resolves this soon plz post it in sdn forum to get fast reply...

Regards,
    Mateen Maldar
    "Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve"

Super Contributor

There is a thread on Symbian about this

http://developer.symbian.com/forum/t...threadID=20791

Also the front page has now been updated to reflect his, so checking www.symbiansigned.com should tell you when the upgrade has finished

another thread at http://developer.symbian.com/forum/t...20813&tstart=0

two weeks? wtf? what possible website hw could take two weeks to replace apart from sending a hd to recovery.

so.. what's the beef with the "you are not enabled to request devcerts".

http://www.flickr.com/photos/glasslife/698939374/

if I submit my info(that they already have.. in my account profile) will i get enabled?

really, symbiansigned.com tries to look like it's all pretty normal and this is how it should be, yet the post on symbian says otherwise, so is this damage control from cidercone(trying to act that cert reqs aren't totally broken) or does everyone need to get enabled in future and that would be a new policy?

It now won't even let me log on (it did some of yesterday).

I sent them the info they asked for, and they simply replied :

"
    Hi,
    Are you performing testing or development work for the below company <snip>?
    Regards,
    The Symbian Signed Team
    EMail: symbiansigned@symbian.com
    www.symbiansigned.com
    "

...which is just great since I'm in a different time zone that's an extra delay to answer a stupid question (they could easily see from my profile).

What's going on? We could really use some feedback on this...I was expecting to test our app on a friend's N73 yesterday and then submit it for freeware signing today, but now I cannot do either.

Not very satisfactory, but worse is the totally insufficient amount of information that is forthcoming.

I could log on at least.

but no reply to mail of getting enabled to get devcerts(with the info they have already.. from our account profile, and nope, didn't enable us either without reply). considering how critical the site is for developers(and how much money is in the whole symbian platform) this is rather sad, should have had enough money for redundancy.

the two different conflicting information angles are rather confusing - that post on sdn says it's hw failure and the information on symbiansigned.com is as if someone was abusing the dev cert creation system("the users are to blame!", not very friendly. now which is it?

Regular Contributor

They enabled dev cert requests for us, when we sent them email. Site is still slow though.

But informing developers of this downtime has been stunningly poor. If shit has hit the fan and servers are broken, they should be honest and open about it. Developers have sympathy for that kind of situations, we've been there too.

But hiding information just gives me feeling that they don't really care about developers.
    Teemu Kurppa
    Blog: http://dirtyaura.org/blog