Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Nokia 6131 NFC SDK v. 1.1 has been released!

Nokia is pleased to announce the new release of the Nokia 6131 NFC SDK, version 1.1.

The Nokia 6131 NFC SDK allows developers to create and emulate Java™ applications (MIDlets) for the Nokia 6131 NFC mobile phone. The SDK includes the Contactless Communication API (JSR-257), which enables the use of the Near Field Communication (NFC) features of the Nokia 6131 NFC phone. In addition to the standard JSR-257 API, the SDK includes additional extensions for several tag technologies, P2P connection and branding configuration. The Nokia 6131 NFC SDK contains a Nokia 6131 NFC phone emulator, Java APIs, example MIDlets, and documentation.

Developers can use one of a number of popular integrated development environments (IDEs) to create, compile, and package MIDlets. The behavior of these MIDlets can be then tested in the emulator, directly from the IDE. The emulator can also be used as a stand-alone program using the MIDlet launcher or from the command line.
    The Nokia 6131 NFC emulator provides the simulation of NFC tags and Java Smart Card. External card readers can be also utilized together with the emulator, for example to test the MIDlet reading and writing into real NFC tags, or communicating with Java Smart Card placed on the external reader.

New features in Nokia 6131 NFC SDK 1.1:
    ===============================
    - Branding Configuration API support added
    - Web Services (JAXP) API 1.0 (JSR-172) implementation
    - New example MIDlet for P2P
    - New example MIDlet for Branding Configuration
    - New example MIDlet for Mifare Standard API
    - New example MIDlet for demonstrating the usage of Nokia 6131 NFC internal secure element placed on an external reader
    - Users Guide: Added Chapter 5, "Managing the applets on the secure element of Nokia 6131 NFC"
    - Mifare Standard API: Mifare 1K and 4K tags can be accessed using the Mifare Standard API.
    - Support for Nokia 6131 NFC in external reader.

NOTE: Mifare Standard API is fully compatible with the implementation in Nokia 6131 NFC mobile phone software version 5.10. There may be incompabilities with older phone software versions.

The Nokia 6131 NFC SDK 1.1 can be downloaded from here.

Before installing the SDK, it is recommended that you read the Installation Guide, available here.

For more information about Near Field Communication, please visit the Forum Nokia NFC technology article.

For more information about open NFC Forum, where Nokia is contributing to develop NFC standards further, please visit the NFC Forum website.

More information about Nokia 6131 NFC mobile phone can be found here.

The Forum Nokia Wiki NFC related pages are targeted for everyone interested about NFC technology and NFC application development. The idea is to expand the NFC developer community from discussion boards to the wiki pages, where everyone is able to share valuable knowledge.

NFC
    Nokia 6131 NFC FAQs
    NFC Java Code examples

You can find more information about Contactless Communication API (JSR 257) on the Java Community Process site or on the Forum Nokia site.
    Last edited by Raluca_; 2007-07-03 at 12:22.
    Raluca Cindrea
    Helsinki, Finland
    www.nokia.com/nfc

Re: Nokia 6131 NFC SDK v. 1.1 has been released!

"Web Services (JAXP) API 1.0 (JSR-172) implementation"

So that is just the part for xml processing right? And does not include the jax-rpc?

Are there any plans on adding that in so it can be used on the 6331 or any s40 device?

Hi
    I downloaded the latest SDK, and I see that it still doesnt support platformRequest. Is it a bug or a known Issue ? For my application I need this thing to be fixed ASAP. Can u tell me if there are any plans in near future to support this in the SDK

Any idea where to get mobile phone software version 5.10 for 6131 NFC?
    When trying to update with OTA I get a message that it is canceled by the server.

problem SDK with javax.irdaobex

SessionNotifier.class in SDK but not in the telephone!
    ???
    = No Class Def Found Error java/lang/NoClassDefFounddError NotifierSession:javax/obex/ServerRequestHandler

in
    Nokia 6131 NFC SDK: User's Guide v1.1
    • Bluetooth API (JSR-82) excluding OBEX
    • Bluetooth API (JSR-82) including Push support and IrDA OBEX (only compiling is possible for IrDA OBEX)

in Protocol.class
    Not Implemented! Used to compile Code ?!
    That is, there is not it?
    Mad SDK!
    Last edited by mariosas; 2007-09-07 at 15:42.

Regular Contributor

Hi all,

I have been trying to use JSR 172 on a 6131 NFC but it seems that it is not available although they claim it is.

Any news on it? How can I access my webservice from this mobile? Any workaround?

Base on http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph..._Nokia_devices it seems that a complete JSR 172 is implemented in 5th Edition. Is it possible to update the mobile phone to this release?

TA
    Jorge

6131 NFC S40 3rd FP1 = no new edition, Later perhaps.

Regular Contributor

Any tip or link on how to use a webservice then from the N6131? It is not possible to use JSR 172, so ....

TA

Incase you face an error when trying to uninstall the SDK, this tutorial might help you: <http://www.jxproject.com/docProblemsSolutions.shtml>

cheers, geri-m