Discussion Board

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Regular Contributor

Answer incoming call silently

Hi all,

Is it possible to answer an incoming voice call silently, so that no ringing, no vibration, no lighting up occurs? I'm planning to use RLine::NotifyIncomingCall() and RCall::AnswerIncomingCall(), but I'd like to hear about your thoughts if it's feasible or not.

Thanks,

Tote

Super Contributor

Re: Answer incoming call silently

Quote Originally Posted by tote_b5
    Hi all,

Is it possible to answer an incoming voice call silently, so that no ringing, no vibration, no lighting up occurs? I'm planning to use RLine::NotifyIncomingCall() and RCall::AnswerIncomingCall(), but I'd like to hear about your thoughts if it's feasible or not.

Thanks,

Tote
    Hi,
    tote

you can do it but just rember you need to answer the call as soon as it comes on the phone.

hope this could be easy for you.

Regular Contributor

Thanks, that's actually what I'm planning to do. But may I have a question: what happens if I'm "hesitating" to answer the call? Will another component of the telephony system take the call over from me? That would be odd, I think.

Tote

Super Contributor

Thanks, that's actually what I'm planning to do. But may I have a question: what happens if I'm "hesitating" to answer the call? Will another component of the telephony system take the call over from me? That would be odd, I think.

Tote
    i think all the time phone have the control of your incoming and outgoing calls, if you did not pick up the call phone will ring and the you have to check the call status whether the call is connected (means answered by user) or it just ring and user user did not pick up the call. when the call status is idle that means call ringing/connection is ended up now.

Regular Contributor

That sounds reasonable and odd at the same time to me. You know, I accept that the phone (i.e. telephony system) has control over such an important thing, like a voice call. But then, if I'm allowed to answer an incoming call I'm surprised to see that there's a sort of "competition" between my module and the system module. And what is the threshold above which the system thinks I was not fast enough? Can I have any influence on that threshold? For example, I might not be fast enough if I didn't get a time slice (due to other, higher priority, threads) to answer the call.

Thanks,

Tote

Nokia Developer Moderator

RLine-RCall are simply not enough for that. The call-bubble and the backlight is going to appear. Vibration and ringing can be suppressed, although it is also a matter of luck (there is a small click sometimes).
    Developing an own .tsy module is the key as far as I know.

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_
    RLine-RCall are simply not enough for that. The call-bubble and the backlight is going to appear. Vibration and ringing can be suppressed, although it is also a matter of luck (there is a small click sometimes).
    Developing an own .tsy module is the key as far as I know.
    Are you sure, Wizard-oh-my-Lord? Have you tried it out? I've heard other people suggesting to use RMobileCall, but I couldn't find that class in any SDKs. Not sure, though, if it's worth using that class (if I had the header files).

And I'm afraid that making a new .tsy module would be sort of breaking a butterfly upon a wheel.

Looking for any new alternatives, would you please help me out?

Thanks,

Tote

Regular Contributor

RMobile is the non Public API, so you can't find it in the SDK. But there are many threads that discuss this and you can get that API somewhere out there.
    Thank You so much for your attention !

Super Contributor

Hi,
    tote

what exactly would you like to do? i think there is no problem in answer the call at zero ring but why are you looking for light and other i am not sure whether you need to write your own tsy module?

Regular Contributor

Hi,

Unfortunately I can't talk about the specific feature I'm about to implement as it is confidential. Or I can talk about the requirement itself, but not the reason.

And you're already familiar with the requirement: my module would be responsible for answering incoming calls so that they're invisible to the user. Let's put aside concerns about the user's privacy and costs as they are not an issue here.

So what do you think? Can I do it simply by using the public SDK without any kind of partnership with Symbian/Nokia?

Thanks for your kind help,

Tote

Super Contributor

So what do you think? Can I do it simply by using the public SDK without any kind of partnership with Symbian/Nokia?
    Tote

if you have access ETel multimode api means RMobilePhone, RMobileCall, RMobileLine then you do not to concern any one.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Unfortunately I can't talk about the specific feature I'm about to implement as it is confidential. Or I can talk about the requirement itself, but not the reason.

And you're already familiar with the requirement: my module would be responsible for answering incoming calls so that they're invisible to the user. Let's put aside concerns about the user's privacy and costs as they are not an issue here.

Thanks for your kind help,

Tote
    I might have been approached by the same customer a few years ago (is there a family name resembling a common garnishment?).
    The task cannot be really done without Symbian/manufacturer partnership (Symbian may not be enough, since they do not know the given hardware).

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_
    I might have been approached by the same customer a few years ago (is there a family name resembling a common garnishment?).
    The task cannot be really done without Symbian/manufacturer partnership (Symbian may not be enough, since they do not know the given hardware).
    So again, are you sure that it can't be done? May I ask what was the result of your cooperation regarding this project? Did you manage to write the module in question?

Quote Originally Posted by kkrish
    if you have access ETel multimode api means RMobilePhone, RMobileCall, RMobileLine then you do not to concern any one.
    That's the point: I do not have access to these APIs. My question is whether these APIs are required for this task or I can do it without them, preferably with public APIs?

Thanks in advance,

Tote

Super Contributor

So again, are you sure that it can't be done? May I ask what was the result of your cooperation regarding this project? Did you manage to write the module in question?

That's the point: I do not have access to these APIs. My question is whether these APIs are required for this task or I can do it without them, preferably with public APIs?

Thanks in advance,

Tote
    how will you answer the call can you explain?

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by kkrish
    how will you answer the call can you explain?
    Sure. Once I notice that there's an incoming voice call I check the phone number and if it's the right one I answer the call. Then we have a connected voice call and that's it.

Before you ask: I'm fully aware of that this solution could be used for nasty things, however, mine would be different. Of course.

Did it help you to find the solution?

Tote

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast