Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Is Carbide.C++'s compiler based on Metrowerks CodeWarrior compiler?

Hi all,

I'm looking for a good code coverage (CC) tool for Symbian and found a few that advertise themselves as CW-compliant, but no mention on Carbide.C++-compliance. I recall I heard it once that Carbide.C++ compiler was based on CW compiler, which might eventually mean that once a CC tool is CW-compliant it automatically works with Carbide.C++, too. Is that true, can anybody confirm that?

Thanks,

Tote

Super Contributor

Re: Is Carbide.C++'s compiler based on Metrowerks CodeWarrior compiler?

Quote Originally Posted by tote_b5
    Hi all,

I'm looking for a good code coverage (CC) tool for Symbian and found a few that advertise themselves as CW-compliant, but no mention on Carbide.C++-compliance. I recall I heard it once that Carbide.C++ compiler was based on CW compiler, which might eventually mean that once a CC tool is CW-compliant it automatically works with Carbide.C++, too. Is that true, can anybody confirm that?

Thanks,

Tote
    If i am not wrong mostly "CW-compliant" means the CC tool integrates with CW IDE. In that case you can't use the same tool with Carbide.C++.

Till now there is no CC Tool available in market. If you find any please let us know.