Discussion Board

Problem signing the full duplex example with private key and self signed certificate

Hi,

just have a simple question here, i'm interested in testing the full duplex example provided on the nokia forum, i managed to compile it for 3rd edition devices, but i need to sign it in order to use it.

If i try a private key and a Self-Signed certificate it doesn't work...

The error is (translating from french sorry) :

'Impossible to accept a non protected application from a non securised provider'

what is the easy way to do it?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Problem signing the full duplex example with private key and self signed certificate

if you are using UID's from the "secure" range you can not use self-signing, also if you specify any capabilities that are not allowed for self-signing , you propably will get this same error.

yucca

Re: Problem signing the full duplex example with private key and self signed certific

thanx!

i therefore tried to manually change the UID's with the 0xA0000000 one, without really believing in it.

i went a bit further on the installation process but am stopped at the end with a 'the needed application rights were not granted'.

i want to believe that if this application is an example given by Nokia for us to try it, there must be a way to test it!

Re: Problem signing the full duplex example with private key and self signed certific

If it is made for 3rd edition then it should work, but since some functions require capabilities that can not be granted to self-signed applications, you might be required to use developer certificates. And to get one, just visit symbiansigned.com and get the developer certificate request tools from there.

yucca

I've already checked the site and it looks like i have got to pay for a certificate. Which would be a shame because i'm just trying to test this. Am i looking at the wrong place?

Thanx again for your help!

No you don't, basically for a developer certificate that has only one IMEI, you can use the self-made certificate as a base, thus it does not cost you a penny, just check the process once again.

yucca

Well they ask me first to get a ACS Publisher ID from the 'Trust Center', mmm, for 200$ a year.