Discussion Board

OpenC and pre-installed card images

The main method of deployment for our application is through pre-installed card images. Since PIPS/OpenC is not supported on Symbian OS pre-9.3 phones, I am wondering how we would handle this. Our standard .sis file should be able to install the PIPS sis file, but how it is possible to install PIPS from a pre-installed card image?

Lightbulb Re: OpenC and pre-installed card images

What you could do is install PIPS on an empty memory card. Then get the card out of the phone determine what exactly was installed by your PIPS sis file and add those files to your own PA pkg file. In the same way you could just unpack the SIS file to work out what's in it and add those files to your PA pkg.

I'd think it should work providing that PIPS don't need to install anything on the C drive.

Too often when designing framework or publishing materials they (Nokia/Symbian) just ignore/forget the odd case of pre-installed applications. I know that issue far too well believe me

Good luck! Just let us know how it went?
    Last edited by lenclud; 2007-07-09 at 17:07.

Re: OpenC and pre-installed card images

Thanks, that sounds like its worth a try. I'll be testing this later this week, and will post an update.