Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Nokia signed process???

Hi,

I have heard something about Nokia Signed Process but i have been searching information about this issue and i haven't found anything.

Does anybody know if there is a parallel signing process for Nokia exclusively?

Thanks in advance.

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Re: Nokia signed process???

There is Symbian Signed and Java Verified then there is for a slim percent specific Nokia testing.

There is some information on Forum Nokia Testing web page, also on the Forum Nokia Wiki there is additional information.

Nokia does require some specific tests for items embedded on Nokia devices but generally Symbian Signed and Java Verified is what most people need to be concerned about.

As it says on the testing page, "Testing is one the most important phases of the application development process. Generally, testing includes module testing, system testing, usability testing, and finally testing and certification via such commonly known and industry-wide testing programs as Symbian Signed and Java Verified™. All mobile applications offered through Nokia sales channels must be certified through either Java Verified or Symbian Signed. Forum Nokia supports these programs and participates in developing and improving them to serve developers even better."

I hope this helps.

Regular Contributor

Thank you very much.

Super Contributor

Bascially there are two cases where you have to do Nokia specific signing in addition to Symbian Signed.
    (http://forum.nokia.com/main/technica...ing/index.html)

a) You are using manufacturer set capabilities (TCB,All Files, DRM, Network Control)
    b) You want to see your software through a Nokia portal/channel

Nokia Developer Champion

a) In this case, you get the approval from the manufacturer, but Symbian Signed does the signing.

b) Such Nokia channels like Nokia Software Market, or in the Download! (Catalogs) app, requires only Symbian Signed, not Nokia signing.

As far as I'm aware, the only case where Nokia can and will sign the content is if it is preinstalled/embedded in phone memory.