Discussion Board

Nokia Developer Expert

Doubts regarding symbian signing

Hi,

I need to clear out some doubt regarding the signing of my application. Please go through the following issues

1) After the first installation of my application , the user is prompted to enter a 5 digit unlock code to run my application. This unlock code is generated using the IMEI of the device. So how can i submit my application for signing with this feature, since the application need to be tested in all series 60 3'rd edition phones.

2) My application produces .amr files which resides in the sounds//Digital folder in either phone or memory card as per the user interest. these files reside in phone even after the application is uninstalled. Will it cause any problem in signing?

3) After purchasing the ACS ID, am i be able to use this ID for any number of application created in the period of one year. Also i need to know whether my applcation wont work after this one year period?

Eagerly waiting for you reply,

Anoop
    Anoop..

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Doubts regarding symbian signing

1. you can get the IMEI nhumber with CTElephony with capabilities that require only self-signing, thus symbian signing not needed for this one.

2. Propably no problems, since they can be deleted from gallery.

3. when application are signed, I have observed that the signing is valid for ten years from the signing date.

yucca

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi yucca,
    Yeah am able to get he IMEi without any capabalities. But the application need some of teh capabilities like powermanagement and swevent. So how can i pass the application which need unique ID for testing in each device. The unlock code is generated in our developer server and passed to the consumer. So for testing in other devices in test house they need to be passed with the unique ID right?. How to accomplish this facility.

Thanks in advance,
    Anoop
    Anoop..

Regular Contributor

If possible treat the test house as a consumer, allowing them to obtain the license code from your development server in the same way as the consumer. If you have a store you might be able to give them a voucher or serial code to use to get the key.

Or email them ahead of time so they are aware they need to email you the IMEI(s) they are using to get the key(s). When you submit you specify the phone model you wish the software to be tested on, so I think they only use one device.

With the sounds being left behind make it clear in the instructions that you send in the zip with the app that this is the intended behaviour. Tell them that for test PKG-04 you are using exception EX-003 User Created Files (assuming the user does get to control the file creation).