Discussion Board

Import Certificate Authority on N73

Hello,
    I installed an application on a N73 mobile, and this application uses HTTPS connection through GPRS.

When the application tries to connect, it produces the following warning: "This site has sent an untrusted certificate", this happens because server certificate is signed by an cetirifcate authority which is untrusted by the mobile (not exist in Settings->Security->Certif.management->Authority list).

To eliminate this problem, I tried to import the root certificate authority used to sign the server cetificate on the mobile using the following sequence:
    - Set the mime type in the application to application/x-x509-ca-cert
    - Place the root certificate file under the server web directory (to be downloadable)
    - Download the certificate authority from the mobile using normal web browsing.

When I browse to the root certificate file link, mobile gives me the message "Vir.cer Completed.." without importing the root certificate to certificate authorities, even I could not find the file in the mobile after that.

Please advice on how to import such root certificate to N73??

Re: Import Certificate Authority on N73

Quote Originally Posted by Badry View Post
    When I browse to the root certificate file link, mobile gives me the message "Vir.cer Completed.." without importing the root certificate to certificate authorities, even I could not find the file in the mobile after that.
    Unfortunately I have exactly the same problem!
    Is there a solution? Badry, did you find a way by now to import the certificates?

EDIT:
    Nokia N73
    V 4.0747.31.0.1

Best regards