Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Making an application commercial

I have created a small application that I wish to try and sell (for both 2nd and 3rd ed platforms) to end users. What is the process needed for me to be able to sell it? Is getting the 2nd edition application symbian signed needed (I know that the 3rd edition will be needed to be signed).
    Are there any legal issues with Nokia/Symbian when wanting to sell an application?
    Is there any advantage for signing a 2nd ed application with symbian signed except for being able to say "My application was certified officially by symbian signed...." ?

Thanks....

Super Contributor

Re: Making an application commercial

Quote Originally Posted by dudi
    I have created a small application that I wish to try and sell (for both 2nd and 3rd ed platforms) to end users. What is the process needed for me to be able to sell it? Is getting the 2nd edition application symbian signed needed (I know that the 3rd edition will be needed to be signed).
    Are there any legal issues with Nokia/Symbian when wanting to sell an application?
    Is there any advantage for signing a 2nd ed application with symbian signed except for being able to say "My application was certified officially by symbian signed...." ?

Thanks....
    1) For 3rd Edition Signing you can refer to official site www.symbiansigned.com.
    2) It is not compulsory to sign a pre-v3 application.
    3) If you sign a v2 application the trust level of User is higher on you application then a non-signed one.
    4) If you are not using a Manufacture capability class of APIs then there must not be any legal issues to deal with.