Discussion Board

nokia 6131 nfc sdk v1.1 - platformRequest Support missing ?

Hi
    I downloaded the latest SDK, and I see that it still doesn't support platformRequest. Is it a bug or a known Issue ? For my application I need this thing to be fixed ASAP. Can u tell me if there are any plans in near future to support this in the SDK

Regular Contributor

Re: nokia 6131 nfc sdk v1.1 - platformRequest Support missing ?

Quote Originally Posted by mikki_singh
    Hi
    I downloaded the latest SDK, and I see that it still doesn't support platformRequest. Is it a bug or a known Issue ? For my application I need this thing to be fixed ASAP. Can u tell me if there are any plans in near future to support this in the SDK
    You can use the SDK to compile and run MIDlets that start downloading and installing a MIDlet suite for example, or to initiate a voice call.

The following request:

platformRequest("tel:+358123456789");

will launch a call when you run your MIDlet on the phone.

When you run it in the emulator, however, you will only have the following output displayed:

Platform request:
    -----------------
    Requesting the platform to load <tel:+358123456789>

Can you please describe in more detail what you mean when you say that the SDK doesn't support platformRequest?
    Raluca Cindrea
    Helsinki, Finland
    www.nokia.com/nfc

what I meant was that in the s40_3rd_edition sdk and s40_5th_edition sdk the platformRequest method actually calls a native method, and by setting a property u can invoke any application (for example IE). But in the 6131 SDK the method simply prints some statements. Cant we have the same implementation as in S40_3rd or S40_5th editions SDKs ?

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by mikki_singh
    what I meant was that in the s40_3rd_edition sdk and s40_5th_edition sdk the platformRequest method actually calls a native method, and by setting a property u can invoke any application (for example IE). But in the 6131 SDK the method simply prints some statements. Cant we have the same implementation as in S40_3rd or S40_5th editions SDKs ?
    We currently don't have any plans for changing the SDK so that it has the same implementation as in S40_3rd or S40_5th editions SDKs.

However, like I said in my previous post, you can develop and test MIDlets that use platformRequest using the emulator and then run them on the phone, where platformRequest calls are working correctly.
    Raluca Cindrea
    Helsinki, Finland
    www.nokia.com/nfc

Hi
    I have tried the platformrequest to connect to a website.When I run it in the emulator, I have the following output displayed:

Platform request:
    -----------------
    Requesting the platform to load <http://www.google.com>

But when I run on NFC 6131 mobile it is not connecting with the website.What may be the problem?
    Last edited by hema17; 2009-03-25 at 06:19.

Anyone plz tell will the platformRequest("http://www.google.com") work in nfc ?