Discussion Board

Symbian MMF with RTP

Hello All,

Are any MMF extension plugins(support) available for Symbian 3rd edi FP1.??
    It is available for Symbian MR (Symbian 9.1), - "Extensions_plugin_S60_3rd_ed.exe".
    Can I use this extension plugin with Symbian 3rd edi FP1(Symbian 9.2)??

Also my project requirement is to use RTP stack provided by symbian.
    RTP stack is present in Symbian 3rd edi FP1 and not in Symbian 3rd edi MR version. (Nokia has removed the rtp support from Symbian 9.1 OS)

After using MMF plugin of "Symbian 3rd edi MR" in Symbian 9.2 OS, I get runtime error
    "The ordinal 182 could not be located in the dynamic link library mmfcontrollerFramework.dll"

How do I use RTP stack and MMF extension plugin together in Symbian 3rd edi FP1???

Any help is appreciated!!

Thanks and Regards,
    Swati

Super Contributor

Re: Symbian MMF with RTP

So the implementation is missing from the dll.
    While am not sure about the MMF extension plugin,but as far as RTP stack is concerned you may either have to port an existing one to Symbian or probably if you become a Nokia partner they may give you that component(just cross check if the RTP stack is available to partners).
    --Mayur.

Thanks for a reply!

It is possible to use rtp stack of symbian 3rd Edi FP1 into Symbian 3rd Edi MR by copying rtp.h and rtp related libs into corresponding folder of Symbian.( e.g. C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\Epoc32\include and C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\Epoc32\release\winscw\udeb respectively).

Swati

Same problem with MMF plugin, it doesn't work with Symbian 3rd edi FP1...

Hi,I have a sample problem...How to deal???

Yes, there isn't an MMF plugin for FP1. Nokia are aware but there needs to be enough (visible) demand for anything to get done about it.

I'd suggest posting on the Tools & SDK feedback forum to request one and asking others who want one to reply with a "me too".

That's about the best we can do unless/until we can get a poll or post reccomendation feature added to the new discussion board engine.

Sorcery

I'm having the same problem with the the S60 FP1 and the MMF plugin

This should be coming (or here already, I haven't checked lately). Watch the 3rd FP1 extensions plugin pack latest/new versions. It's a zip file with lots of goodies inside.

Sorcery

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery-ltd View Post
    This should be coming (or here already, I haven't checked lately). Watch the 3rd FP1 extensions plugin pack latest/new versions. It's a zip file with lots of goodies inside.

Sorcery
    Any news about the 3rd FP1 extension plug-in pack? Having to install two SDK's and to copy manually libs/headers is a horrible hack.

Hi,

Have you looked in the latest plugin?
    http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/SDK_API_Plugin
    Unfortunately I'm not able to download it from my current location for some reason.

Sorcery

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery-ltd View Post
    Hi,

Have you looked in the latest plugin?
    http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/SDK_API_Plugin
    Unfortunately I'm not able to download it from my current location for some reason.

Sorcery
    Thanks for the link, I'll definitely give it a shot!

I just looked at the www.forum.nokia.com->Tools and SDKs->Symbian/C++ page and there's only the old MR plug-in and nothing about the new ones.. Seems that there is stuff hidden in the wiki and the proper way to find is to always use system-wide search..

Hi,

Note that this is the extensions plugin which is different from the standalone MMF plugin for 3rd MR. There is also one of these for 3rd MR and they should all be available if you search the tools and SDKs section. It's just that I heard from someone at Forum Nokia that the MMF extensions for FP1 would be released in this way. They aren't heavily publicised on the front page or anything because they are provided as is (i.e. no official support or binary compatibility guarantees). I wouldn't say anyone was trying to hide anything in the Wiki, it's just the nature of Wiki's that you pretty much have to do a search to find anything you want.

Forum Nokia's Jack Torrance (look at the top of this DB) has the URL I gave you in his signature.

In general though I'd recommend a "system wide" search as the fastest way of finding almost anything on Forum Nokia if you don't already know where it is.

Sorcery