Discussion Board

Unhappy Nokia6131 and external reader communication

Hi all,

I need to develop an application that exchange some data between the Nokia 6131 NFC and the external reader NFC Encoder bought from Top Tunniste web site.

Unfortunately I'm newer in development with this technology, so I have many trouble to understand the right approach.

My application require to send some data acquired from the PC where the reader is connected and send it to the Nokia 6131 NFC when it touch the reader.

To do it, I'm developing two apps :

1) C++ application on PC to acquire the data and to handle the reader (through the reader SDK).

2) Midlet on Nokia 6131 NFC to browse some data and to run specific procedure to exchange data with the PC.

The problem is, HOW TO send data from the PC to the Nokia and viceversa.
    As first step we tried to use the APDU.
    If I have well understood, in this case is mandatory to write an applet to install in the mobile Secure Element and that will let mobile to exchange data from/to the reader.
    But then, how the applet will comunicate with the Midlet ?
    Is not possible to develop a Midlet that exchange data directly with the PC reader throug the APDU ?
    Does exist a standard Applet that we can reuse to exchange the data between the Midlet and the external reader ?

What's the right flow to implement an NFC communication between an external reader and a Nokia 6131 NFC Midlet ?

Can somebody help me with some sample, reference, literature ?

Thanks in advance

Re: Nokia6131 and external reader communication

Yep I have the same problems and I found no technical solutions at this time...
    Have you found any solution to this problem ?

Thx
    Regards

Why don't you try with NFC P2P? You find everthing that you need in com.nokia.nfc.p2p.*; package. But your reader must support this kind of cummunication.

We use for our applications arygon reader which works very nice.

Yes I wanted to use this technical solution, but unfortunately, I don't think that the NFC encoder enables P2P Connection.
    The only way I found at the moment is to use an ISO14443 Connection, but I don't know how it works for the moment...

Unfortunatelly the reader still doesn't support the NFCIP-1 protocol, otherwise as you wrote I could directly exchange data between the Midlet and the PC applications.

I know that the NFC Encoder (the reader) will support the P2P protocol within Agust, but at the moment I have to find out a work around.

I still have problem to deploy the applet on the Nokia 6131 NFC because the Secure Element is locked.

Is there anyone who knows how to unlock the Security Element ?

Two solutions are possible to unlock the secure element :

Thanks,

I'm going to buy the Nokia 6131 NFC for developers, at the same time I wrote an e-mail to Mikko, maybe he will answer.

Just another question,

have you been able to establish a communication between a midlet on the phone and a program in C++ which works with the NFC Encoder and which is able to send/receive data through an ISO14443 connection ?
    I'm not really sure it's possible unless using a physical card...but I want a direct connection between the NFC Encoder and the phone.
    Maybe buy another external reader is the solution...

Thx in advance!
    Regards

We haven't succeed yet because we cannot install the applet on the Secure Element.
    We have ordered a new Nokia 6131 NFC for developer, using it we should succeed, I hope