Discussion Board

Question Creating Nokia VPN Client

Hi Everyone

This is the first time I am using this forum so please correct me if I am not following certain forum rules.

I am creating my own VPN file to connec tto the Cisco network. From what I have read so ar, I understand that the Nokia VPN client is completely useless without some Security manager. I have searched n number of links and forums but unable to find answer as to how I would create my own sis file so that I can install it on my NokiaE50 Symbian 3rd Edition. I am getting stuck at the signing part of my sis file. Symbiansigned no longer allows for Developer requests and thats the only place where I am stuck.

Is there any workaround or is there something very basic that I am missing.

Thanks

Super Contributor

Re: Creating Nokia VPN Client

Read this thread carefully (if you haven't already):
    http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...ad.php?t=80837

Symbian Signed will alow for new accounts, when they're back up and operational properly (if you already have registered, then it should work otherwise now, too). See http://www.symbiansigned.com for more, but here's an excerpt:
    Note: We anticipate NEW account registration will return in the near future. If you do not currently have an account and have a valid reason to have an account created, please send an email as follows to symbiansigned@symbian.com:
    Subject of email "Developer Certificate enable request"

Thanks for the realy quick reply. I can swear that this was not working till yesterday. Anyways now after I signed the file I am getting another error while instaliing the sisx on my E50 :
    "certificate may not be valid is expired or phones date setting may be incorect"

I went through some forums and tried changing my phone date to one in 2006. But that did not help.

Appreciat any further assistance

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bjamaspi View Post
    Hi Everyone

This is the first time I am using this forum so please correct me if I am not following certain forum rules.

I am creating my own VPN file to connec tto the Cisco network. From what I have read so ar, I understand that the Nokia VPN client is completely useless without some Security manager. I have searched n number of links and forums but unable to find answer as to how I would create my own sis file so that I can install it on my NokiaE50 Symbian 3rd Edition. I am getting stuck at the signing part of my sis file. Symbiansigned no longer allows for Developer requests and thats the only place where I am stuck.

Is there any workaround or is there something very basic that I am missing.

Thanks
    Hey can you post or send the app that you've just created?

Thanks in advance

Things have changed since. I was able to create my signed sis file. However i am still unable to VPN to my Cisco network. I have kind of given up. Not sure when there are hundreds of Symbina apps why cant somebody just create one for VPN.

I am sorry I dont know how to upload this file but if you gimme your email id and I can directly send it across.

hi,

Any success in connecting to cisco network? Also could you share your vpn implementation.

my mail id is email4manjunath at rediffmail.com

>> Manjunath
    Last edited by manjunath_nokia; 2007-11-12 at 12:15.