Discussion Board

Unhappy JCOP Activation error : "cannot load tcl.dll"

Hi all,

maybe this is not the right place where to place this post but cause it's related to the applet development and delpoyment, and I haven't found any other forum on the net I'll try here.

I'm trying to activate the JCOP tool under Eclipse.
    I'm using Eclipse 3.2 and JCOP Tools 3.0.
    We have a Pegoda Reader and 5 Sample Java Card fourinced by NXP.

When we create a new Java Card Project, the JCOP wizard ask us to choose between some possible activation way.
    The only possibility that we have at the moment is to choose the option "Check a JCOP Enjineering Sample Card".
    The next step is to choose the reader, the only one available is the "Philips Pegoda Reader". We got from NXP one reader to accomplish this choice, but when we select the reader and press "Finish" we get the message "This application has failed to start because tclpcd32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."
    If we confirm we get the error "Cannot load DLL: C:\eclipse\plugins\com.ibm.bluez.jcop.eclipse_3.1.1.b\os\win32\x86\tcl.dll".

Can somebody give some advice ?

Thank's in advance

Regular Contributor

Re: JCOP Activation error : "cannot load tcl.dll"

Hi valerio,
    to activated my JCOP tools I sent a request e-mail to IBM and they sent me the activation code by mail after 3 weeks.
    See this link for how to do that:

http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=722788

Are you from Italy? I am from Genoa -- Ciao

Hi super_beda,

thanks for your advice.
    I already have JCOP tools but unfortunately we haven't the activation code because JCOP now is not handled by IBM anymore, but it's under NXP (Philips).
    From NXP actually we haven't any support, because the only our contact is having holiday!!!

I'm from Milano, if you are Italian, can you write me an e-mail so we can get in touch ?

Thanks

Cool Re: JCOP Activation error : "cannot load tcl.dll"

I solved this problem, adding the path "C:\Program Files\Philips Semiconductors\MifareWnd" to the windows PATH variable.
    Unfortunately now the JCOP activation wizard display the meassge that doesn't recognize the JCOP Engineering Sample Card.

The JCOP activation is a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by valerio.frigerio View Post
    I solved this problem, adding the path "C:\Program Files\Philips Semiconductors\MifareWnd" to the windows PATH variable.
    Unfortunately now the JCOP activation wizard display the meassge that doesn't recognize the JCOP Engineering Sample Card.

The JCOP activation is a mess.
    You can by a jcop card
    http://www.usasmartcard.com/componen...id=26&vmcchk=1