Discussion Board

"Required application accessnot granted"

Hey

I get this message when I am trying to install signed sis-file. I have MyCsr.cer MyCsr.key and password. In the application I need capabilitys: ReaduserData WriteUserData SwEvent NetworkServices LocalServices Location UserEnvironment ReadDeviceData WriteDeviceData PowerMgmt. I have tested signing sis for basic hello world application with the same capabilitys and it worked fine. But now in this much larger application which is further development
    from a product I get the message when installing sis-file. I have used an UID 0xEFF00002 int the application is the UID ok?.
    An suggestions what might bee wrong?

- Regards
    Erkki Junttila

Super Contributor

Re: "Required application accessnot granted"

Hi,

Some of your capabilities need to get developer certificate from symbian signed, for more information, visit www.symbiansigned.com

Peter

I have developer certificate from symbian signed.

....I requested the certificates with symbian developer certificate request tool and logged in to symbian signed and downloaded .cer file

Super Contributor

see the following link hope that could help you
    http://www.antonypranata.com/article...d_signing.html

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by ejunttil
    Hey

I get this message when I am trying to install signed sis-file. I have MyCsr.cer MyCsr.key and password. In the application I need capabilitys: ReaduserData WriteUserData SwEvent NetworkServices LocalServices Location UserEnvironment ReadDeviceData WriteDeviceData PowerMgmt. I have tested signing sis for basic hello world application with the same capabilitys and it worked fine. But now in this much larger application which is further development
    from a product I get the message when installing sis-file. I have used an UID 0xEFF00002 int the application is the UID ok?.
    An suggestions what might bee wrong?

- Regards
    Erkki Junttila
    I hope you have signed your application with Developer Certificate with all required capabilities included,haven't you?

Kiran.

Super Contributor

Check your sis file with this

WTFWMSFI

you will get details about your sis file from here and its capabilities that you have included.

Peter

Thanks for all your help...

I found my error and it was in the .pkg file where was wrong path on epoc root.

!!BUT now I have a new error "Unable to install" which comes when the application is allmost installed. I checked the Anthony's mobile block and there was said :

" Hint: This message may come up when your installation file (.sis/.sisx) copies files to other application’s private folder, i.e. \private\uid. Note that Symbian 9 introduces data caging concept, it means you don’t have access to other application’s private folder."

How do I found these private folders??

- Regards
    Erkki Junttila

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by ejunttil
    Thanks for all your help...

I found my error and it was in the .pkg file where was wrong path on epoc root.

!!BUT now I have a new error "Unable to install" which comes when the application is allmost installed. I checked the Anthony's mobile block and there was said :

" Hint: This message may come up when your installation file (.sis/.sisx) copies files to other application’s private folder, i.e. \private\uid. Note that Symbian 9 introduces data caging concept, it means you don’t have access to other application’s private folder."

How do I found these private folders??

- Regards
    Erkki Junttila
    Check the target paths in the .pkg file. From that you can understand where every file is going to save in the device.

Peter