Discussion Board

Red face Problem installing S60 3rd Ed. (MR) SDK in Win

Hi, I am having trouble installing the S60 3rd. Edition SDK: S60-SDK-0616-3.0-mr.3.749

I have read the installation PDF and I can't figure out what's wrong with my configuration. Installation/setup proceeds quits silently--right after it starts copying files--with no description of what the problem might be.

My phone is a Nokia N75 (which runs S60 3rd. Edition). My computer is a Dell Inspiron 9400 with 2GHz CPU and 2GB of ram, and 8GB of room left on my C drive. My OS is Windows XP SP2. (Plus a big 500GB external drive, currently H:)

I have tried other versions of the S60 3rd Ed SDK (Feature Pack 1 and 3rd edition, pre-maintenance release) and they all fail at the same point in the installation--right after I confirm the target directory (C:/Symbian/9.1/and just after file copying begins.

I have Carbide.c++ v. 1.2 installed.
    I have ActivePerl-5.6.1.631 installed.
    I previously had CodeWarrior installed but I uninstalled it.
    I have a couple different Java runtimes installed. (1.4 and 1.6)

Any ideas? Thanks!

--dean

Re: Problem installing S60 3rd Ed. (MR) SDK in Win

Hi dcelzinga,

I'm just curious whether you have solved your problem or not. I have run into the same situation as yours, when I tried to install the S60 3rd Ed. MR. When just starting to copy files, the installer disappeared for unknown reasons. This makes me nuts. Previously I had installed 3rd Ed. FP1. The installation was fine until the last seconds. I got a message "call to RegDBQuery failed", then the installation of ToolChain reportedly failed. I got compiling problems with some OpenC examples while I tried to build some example for my N80. I thought the cause might be the failed ToolChain installation. So I turned to S60 3rd Ed. MR for some luck. But the result has really surprised me.

Is there any explanation from Forum Nokia people? I believe they should do so, especially under some a situation...

Re: Problem installing S60 3rd Ed. (MR) SDK in Win

if you did use the board-search-function you would have found the solution earlier:

http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...462#post349462