Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

GPS returns default data on emulator

Hello,

I am trying to use the emulator to test my application, which retrieves data from the external GPS module, connected via Bluetooth. I am using the Location Aquisition API.

At first, I tested my application without having paired the emulator with a GPS module. It worked fine, returned some default (?) values of latitude and longitude, which pointed to Finland I think:)

Then I installed the S60 BT USB drivers, connected a USB-to-BT device to my computer and searched for the GPS module in the emulator. It found my GPS module and paired it with my emulator. Until that moment everything is ok.

The point is, whether I run my application or run the standard navigation application from the phone menu, it keeps returning those default values of the location. And no, I am not living in Finland;) it doesn't give me the coordinates of the place I live in. I guess it is fixed to default values.

The question is - how do I turn that off and force the emulator to use the real device?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Maciej

Regular Contributor

Re: GPS returns default data on emulator

A simpler way to test GPS on the emulator is, in the S60 3rd emulator PC window, select the "Tools" menu, select the "Utilities" item, then in the resulting dialog, click the "Route" tab. This allows you to simulate a moving handset, with the GPS data supplied to apps changing appropriately.
    Have a look at http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...d.php?p=331317 for some pointers.
    Symsource Ltd.
    [url]www.symsource.com[/url]