Discussion Board

Any official explanation on "Call to RegDBQuery failed"?

Is there any official explanation on "Call to RegDBQuery failed"? I tried both S60 SDK 3rd MR and FP1. Both gave me such a message at the end of SDK installation. The direct result it causes for me is that I can build and run S60 examples through the emulator, but I couldn't build any for my N80.

This really drives me nuts. What is this for? Any official explanation from Forum Nokia people? Is this only caused by my hardware configuration. I see many guys here are happy with their S60 programming. So I think they don't experience this problem. I have posted several threads here and the OpenC board, but I'm unlucky to get any replies. I also did some googling, but it seems this "Call to RegDBQuery failed" is rarely being encountered?!

Super Contributor

Re: Any official explanation on "Call to RegDBQuery failed"?

This is an InstallShield error while querying some Windows Registry values.
    And it seems to have screwed up the installation mid-way and hence corrupted/broken the toolchain as a consequence.
    [quote]
    The direct result it causes for me is that I can build and run S60 examples through the emulator, but I couldn't build any for my N80.
    [\quote]
    So do you mean that the target build toolchain(gcce build) is screwed up?
    --Mayur.

Many thanks, Mayur. Yes, when I tried to build the helloworld example for my N80, I got some errors saying "no separator" something. I just couldn't get it through.

Super Contributor

Just paste the errors you are getting while building the target device build.
    --Mayur.

Forgot my posts above, now the problem was solved after I did a clean installation of both my PC and the S60 SDK. It seems it's caused by some software conflicts(I guess?). Now I'm glad to move on. Thanks anyway.
    Last edited by laomao2007; 2007-08-09 at 14:28.