Discussion Board

Questions about version code in MMS protocol

Hi, everybody

I'm developing the MMSC. When I study the MMS protocols, I found several version numbers mentioned in WAP, WSP and MMS protocol document.

These version number is
    1. encoding version in WAP-230
    2. WAP release version number
    3. WSP version
    4. MMS version

There are 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, and 1.4 encoding version defined in WAP-230. In WAP-230, the same header name is defined as different Assigned Number for different encoding version(e.g. table 39. Header Field Name Assignments, "content range" is assigned number 0x10 for encoding version 1.1, and assigned number 0x3E for encoding version 1.3). When MMSC initiates a MMS message to the UA, how could MMSC know the encoding version number and then encode "content range" correctly?

Additionally, I know there are version 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.2.1, and 2.0 for WAP and 1.0, 1.1 for MMS version. How about WSP?

And from the WAP-203, WAP-230, WAP-209, WAP-276, I can get that the MMS version 1.0 is defined in WAP 1.2 and MMS 1.1 is defined in WAP 2.0.

But for WSP version and encoding version, I can not find the relation description of it to WAP release version number.

Could anybody give me a help?

Thanks
    Wang Zhong

Nokia Developer Expert

RE: Questions about version code in MMS protocol

Hello!

We here in Forum Nokia are helping 3rd party developers that are creating applications and content for Nokia handset and servers. We have our own MMSC for sale and all I can recommend you to do is to contact our corporate sales department. They are more than willing to sell you a MMSC, all other necessary components and setup.

Nokia MMSC is build according the public specifications that are free for you as well. Please contact appropriate standardization body for more details.

Teemu / Forum Nokia